UNIT A-225 UNIQUE FEATURES:
**BEDS: 2 KING SIZE BEDS ONE IN EACH MASTER BEDROOM
**BUNKROOM DOOR: Solid Core, rare @ Waterscape
**BUNKROOM TV: Cable & DVD player, rare @ Waterscape
**100% TILE FLOOR: No dirty carpet
**UNIT LOCATION: 30 second walk to heated pool, splash pool, & 3 Webber gas grills from an enclosed hotel style hallway (no elevator needed)
**COVERED PARKING: 30-45 second walk from front door (no elevator needed)
**TV’s: 46 Inch in great room, 40 Inch in Master along with 2 additional flat screens
**SOUND SYSTEM: Sony w/Bluetooth streaming, Netflix, & Pandora
**SECURITY: Deadbolt lock high preventing littles ones from escaping
**BEACH CHAIRS: 4 back pack style chairs and 2 umbrellas for you to take to the beach
**NEW: Paint, Bedding, Bed, Bed Frames, & Sofas
**BUILDING LOCATION: Short Walk to the board walk, restaurants, attractions, and pier
MORE UNIT DETAILS:
Ideal location, you never need to step foot on an elevator. When you want to go to the pool walk down the air-conditioned hallway directly out to the Splash pool/play area and seasonally heated pool. The unique indoor hallway makes moving in your luggage much more comfortable during the summertime heat. The Kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a nice open serving area allowing for guest to relax and mingle while the chef in the group completes everyone’s meal. The bunkroom has its own door and cable TV which are a unique feature added to this unit after construction was completed. Both bedrooms are set up as masters with direct access to the balcony for convenience. They also both have KING SIZE bed's this is rare to find at Waterscape.
Each bedroom has a private bathroom, with an oversized tub & shower. The master has his and her sinks. The children will enjoy use of the half bath allowing for more privacy in each of the two masters.
Finally, we provide the best of both worlds access directly to the owner to book your unit and local professional management services in case something requires immediate attention.
CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE U-SHAPED BUILDING AT WATERSCAPE?
Generally, units closer to the sand will cost more to rent, and will be further from parking. Please keep in mind the entire complex is located on the beach and every unit is a short walk to the ocean!
Waterscape is shaped like a U, this means only 12 units are directly parallel to the ocean without an angled view or distance of about 80-100 yards to the sand. The left side of the U is the A building, the bottom is the C building, and the right side is the B building. All of what makes Waterscape the best resort for kids in the Destin area are the pools that lie in the middle of the U.
Our A225 unit is located one unit from entrance to the interior hallway in the A building. Most units do not have access via an interior climate controlled hallway. This entrance is the closest location in the A building to the COVERED parking garage and back entrance to the splash pool. This means you can access pools, grills, and parking without getting on an elevator in less than 30 seconds. Our C300 and C306 units are located one level up, or effectively second floor as the pool is on the second level. You can park 25 feet from the front door of either unit. Access to the pools and our A225 unit from these two units is also extremely convenient. One can go down the elevator to the second level or take one flight of stairs.
If you want to see the pools and resort grounds, you should stay in the C building, or in even numbered units in the A or B building. If you want things quieter, the odd numbered units in A or B face the outside of the property. Nearly all the odd numbered units in A & B will have a narrow view or no view of the ocean between the buildings. The new hotel next to the A building is the view from our balcony. Nearly all odd numbered units in the A building that end in a 9 or higher no longer have a view of the ocean.
WHY DID WE CHOOSE THESE LOCATIONS AT WATERSCAPE?
My wife and I had young kids under the age of eight when we purchased our Waterscape units. We found over the years most our time was spent around the splash pool with the slide and the grills for cooking. We also found that we seem to bring half of our house with us on vacation. Being extremely close to the car and the splash pool area is a no brainer for convenience.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO RENT AN UPDATED UNIT?
Most of these units had one of a handful of furniture packages. The sofas, TV’s, bed frames, and carpet are the issue. We have had to replace all these items as they were either broken, disgusting, or too small in the case of TV’s.
WHY DO WE NOT INCLUDE BEACH CHAIR SET UP AT WATERSCAPE?
During the busy season guest, must arrive at 7:00 AM to even consider getting on the front row, because of the placement of the chairs. I find I can get closer to the beach without worrying with how early my day starts using my own chairs. Therefore, we provide our guest with four chairs and two umbrellas during their visit.
WHAT MAKES WATERSCAPE UNIQUE?
• Built in 2008, making it one of the newest condos built in the entire Destin area (most Destin condos are 80’s and 90’s projects)
• Courtyard design reminiscent of a five star Caribbean resort
• Four Pool Areas: One heated seasonally, one with zero entry access and waterfall, Lazy River, and pool designed for toddlers (fenced, covered pavilion play area, built in water toys, and a waterslide)
• Weber gas grills cleaned daily
• Two hot tubs
• Poolside Cafe run seasonally serving food and frozen drinks
• Weekly movie night in the pool and daily activities for the kids seasonally
• 490 feet of beach directly in front of complex
• Thoughtful beach entry area complete with four fresh water showers, two foot washing stations, one walkway with ramp if you can’t take steps, and shoe storage area on wooden railing (leave items at your own risk)
• State of the Art Fitness Center with Life Fitness equipment and LCD TV’s on cardio equipment
• Game Room off the Lobby
• Once you have groceries you don’t have to get in your car again
• 24-hour security
UNIT A-225 SPECIAL TECHNOLOGY FEATURES:
• 46” Plasma, one of the largest TV’s of any unit in the complex
• Sony Blu-Ray player w/Bluetooth Streaming connected to Sony home theater providing complimentary access to Pandora and Netflix
• Xbox 360 w/games (Call of Duty 2, 3, & 4; Madden Football; Splinter Cell; and Tiger Woods Golf)*
• Free WI-FI
• LCD TV’s located in each bedroom and bunkroom with DVD players on all four TV's and cable in the bunkroom
ACROSS THE STREET:
• OLD BAY STEAMER: Upscale broiled seafood, (URL HIDDEN)
• ASIAGO’S SKILLET: Highly rated dive breakfast joint, (URL HIDDEN)
• HELEN BACK CAFE: Fun bar on the bay live music (URL HIDDEN)
• AJ’s OYSTER SHANTY: (URL HIDDEN)
• OKALOOSA NATIONAL: Mini Golf & Ice Cream, (URL HIDDEN)
• CASH’S: Beer, Wine, & Liquor
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES (Less than 1 mile)
• 15+ Restaurants: ranging from extremely casual too upscale
• GULFARIUM: Meet the Dolphins, (URL HIDDEN)
• OKALOOSA COUNTY PIER: Fishing tackle and pole rental, (URL HIDDEN)
• THE BOARDWALK: Offers oceanfront dining, shopping, bars, live music, playground for the kids, and volleyball courts, (URL HIDDEN)
• WILD WILLY’S ADVENTURE ZONE: (URL HIDDEN)
• ALVIN’S ISLAND: Beach shop
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES (Short Drive away)
• PUBLIX GROCERY: Store (1 mile)
• DOWNTOWN FORT WALTON HISTORIC DISTRICT: (URL HIDDEN) (1 mile)
• INDIAN TEMPLE MOUND MUSUEM: (URL HIDDEN) (1 mile)
• HARBOR WALK VILLAGE: Shopping, Dining, Fishing Charter, and Boat Rentals, (URL HIDDEN) (6 m)
• BIG KAHUNAS WATER PARK: Water Slides, (URL HIDDEN) (8 m)
• THE TRACK: Go Carts, Mini Golf, Bumper Rids, Sky Flyer, Bungee Jump, and Arcade, (URL HIDDEN) (8.8 m)
• DESTIN COMMONS: Upscale Open Air Mall, (URL HIDDEN) (11 m)
• SILVER SANDS FACTORY OUTLET: Over 100 designer brand name outlet stores, (URL HIDDEN) (15.7 m)
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 1 MILE**
• BAY CAFÉ FRENCH RESTAURANT: Hard to find less than a mile from the unit –best red fish for lunch outside of New Orleans, (URL HIDDEN)
• OLD BAY STEAMER: One of the top picks for the locals and walking distance from our unit, (URL HIDDEN)
• ANGLERS: Good (not great) spot to eat walking distance on the beach, they even have a beach side playground and the pier just outside, (URL HIDDEN)
• ROCKIN TACO: Good (not great) spot to eat walking distance on the beach, they even have a beach side playground for the kids, (URL HIDDEN)
• THE GULF OKALOOSA ISLAND: Super fun atmosphere on the bay with fresh food choices that change daily less than a mile away, (URL HIDDEN)
• Giovanni’s One89: Great Italian in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach directly on the bay 1 mile away, (URL HIDDEN)
• MAGNOLLIA GRILL: Great atmosphere set in an old (1910) southern style beach home in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach 1 mile away, (URL HIDDEN)
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 10 MINUTES IN DESTIN**
• MCGUIRE’S IRISH PUB: Great burgers, Irish specialties, Sunday brunch drink specials, and authentic atmosphere about seven minutes away, (URL HIDDEN)
• THE LOUISIANA LAGNIAPPE: Fantastic seafood about ten minutes away, (URL HIDDEN)
• Brotulas: Great seafood about eight minutes away, (URL HIDDEN)
• DONUT HOLE: Great breakfast and fantastic donuts about 10 minutes away
*Game & video availability subject to previous guest not removing them from the unit. Please consider bringing your own games or 2nd controller. Please bring a working cell phone as the phone uses the internet and is subject not to work for emergency calling or when not connected to the internet.
** Construction was complete in the hotel next door May 2017
*MINIMUM AGE: For every four guest at least one must be 25 or older, failure to follow this rule can result in immediate eviction
*Guest are required to follow the rules set forth by the HOA, failure to respect these rules can result in eviction
*This is a non-smoking facility, failure to comply can result in fines and/or immediate eviction
*From March 1 - October 31 guest stays that roll over a long weekend will be charged two full weeks. Your booking must land between Saturday to Saturday unless pre-authorized by the owner.
It was always my mom's dream to own a condo in Fort Walton Beach. My wife and I adopted this dream and were fortunate to make it come true. We were blessed to be able to purchase units during the downturn in the market. After seeing this could actually become a business for our family we purchased additional units Each year we improve on our ability to deliver a solid vacation experience for our guest. It is my sincere desire to be a small part of your families vacation memory making experience!
Why the Owner Chose Okaloosa Island, FL, USA:
Our little slice of paradise is less than a ten minute drive from all the activities in Destin Harbor, but thanks to the Air Force no building is higher than six stories on the island. This creates less density on the beach compared to other major beach destinations on the Emerald coast! Finally most of the units in Destin were built in the 80's our units were built from 2005 - 2008!