This Machiya, traditional house in Kyoto, used to be owned by a family which run a confectionary shop in Hongan-ji for 360years. This house was built in 1912, and the 1st floor was partially used as a shop and living space for both the family and its employers. The Tatami space on the 2nd floor was used to welcome guests and no children were allowed to enter back then.
This house is then refurbished in 2015 and revived as a Ryokan namely "Kuraya".
Since our place is your home during your stay in Kyoto, you can freely use everything inside it.
Additionally, we provide many amenities including: fresh towels and linens, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair dryer and electric kettle.
· Our home is equipped with air conditioning.
· 2 semi double beds and 3 single futons are available.
· Cutlery and kitchenware provided.
If you have any questions regarding what you will have access to, please do not hesitate to contact us.
· We have created a Welcome Guide to ensure your smooth and pleasant stay in Kyoto. This includes: directions from Osaka's airports, specific directions from the nearest train station to our place, information on how to use the appliances in our home and our personal recommendations for exploring Kyoto!
· We have a check-in counter in front of JR Kyoto St. by 5 min walk from Center Karasuma Gate(烏丸中央口). We will sent you an instruction how to get the check-in counter after confirming your reservation.
· You can enter the accommodation after 15:00
· You can contact us through the Airbnb messaging system at any time during your stay.
Please kindly be aware that this Machiya house is located by the main road. We use the triple paned glass in the windows to soundproof; however, you may hear the leaks of the sound if you are too sensitive about the sound and we would like to apologise beforehand for this. Please make sure if you understand this before processing booking.