Mill House is a pretty 200-year-old detached stone cottage with character - exposed beams, oak stable doors, a real fire in an inglenook hearth - and fibreoptic wifi! A real gem to get away from it all, ideal for romantic breaks or family fun! There's a secure and enclosed balcony and patio which (like all rooms) enjoy riverside views. A great base for exploring the stunning Brecon Beacons area. New cedar wood hot tub installed in 2017! * Big discounts on daily price for week-long bookings. *
* New luxury cedar wood Hot Tub installed ! *
* Big discount for week-long bookings ! *
* Optional "romantic getaway" pamper package available with good quality champagne, speciality chocolates and handmade scented soap. *
Mill House is a quaint detached stone cottage, private and quiet, with exposed beams, a real fire, oak stable doors, fibreoptic wifi, comfy sofas, riverside balcony and a new luxury cedar wood hot tub installed on the patio! All rooms enjoy beautiful views of the river and fields opposite. Ideal both as a romantic retreat or a base for family holiday fun!
In March 2017, Mill House was recommended by the Countryfile website as a great place to stay, in an article by Carys Matthews about the Brecon Beacons National Park.
The cottage was also named as #2 out of the top 19 dog-friendly cottages across the whole of Wales in an article published on the WalesOnline website in May 2017.
A "welcome pack" with milk, coffee, tea, sugar, Welsh biscuits or cake, (and wine for week-long stays) is provided free of charge.
A starter pack of logs is provided free of charge. Additional logs or charcoal are available at local petrol stations, supermarkets and hardware stores.
Bed linen, bath / hand towels and guest soap are all provided.
Umbrellas, walking sticks, binoculars, torch, walking books and leaflets on activities in the local area are all provided for use during your stay - please remember to leave them on departure!
Enclosed secure balcony and private patio areas both have furniture and overlook the pretty river - ideal for relaxing with a drink and a book, or some 'al fresco' dining with family (care required with small children). There's private off-road parking for one car to the front left of the cottage, and additional free off-road parking is available 75 yards away by the bridge over the river. Standard arrival and departure times are 4pm & 10am respectively, but different times may be possible (at £10/hr) - please enquire for details.
The owner or a local contact will be available to resolve any queries during your stay if needed.
Well-equipped kitchen includes oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge, freezer, toaster, sink and drainer units. Landline phone available with "honesty box". Iron, ironing board and airer provided. Hair dryer provided.
There is a large 42 inch smart TV with Freesat, which provides access to a host of free TV channels. If you have subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime etc you can also login to download movies from your account. A Blu Ray / DVD player, internet radio and board games are also provided.
- Please take shoes off inside house
- Young children must be supervised in living room (fire), on patio & balcony as they overlook river, and in hot tub
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms
- The cottage uses a septic tank, so it is very important not to put fat or oil down the kitchen sink, and not put sanitary products, wet wipes or cotton buds down the toilets, as these can all cause serious blockages. Thank you.
- Mill House is freshly decorated and newly furnished so please look after it! Please ensure you use throws on sofas, take care not to mark walls, and always use place mats / coasters for drinks and plates on tables etc.
- on departure, leave the cottage clean and tidy for future guests, including cleaning fire, washing up and putting away all pans, crockery and cutlery.
- return ornaments, binoculars, walking sticks, umbrellas, torch etc to their original location.
- clean up and remove any dog mess outside the cottage
- pay for any phone calls or damage (honesty box provided in kitchen)