Horse Abraham's, a restored 1950s homestead cabin, sits on a beautiful 2.5 acre plot nestled deep in the heart of north Joshua Tree's Copper Mountain Mesa. With vast desert views and majestic mountain ranges, you can explore freely through the wilds of the high desert.
Enjoy a true homestead cabin experience in this bright and spacious desert dwelling. Filled with eclectic desert treasures, it has a queen bed, a living area, and a kitchen with a beautiful vintage range in full working order, a fridge, toaster, hot water kettle and coffee machine. If you'd like to do a bit of barbequeing, there is a grill outside. The cabin also has full wifi. There's a swamp cooler for the summertime and a decent space heater for when it's cooler.
In keeping with the tradition of homestead cabins, the bathroom- with shower, toilet and sink- is an outbuilding a stone’s throw away from the cabin.
If you have extra guests, we can accommodate them for an additional $25 per night, per person with either an air mattress, or they are welcome to camp on the grounds. The sofa also folds out into a full (single) bed. Please arrange this with us beforehand so that accurate pricing is shown on your Airbnb reservation.
There is a chiminea outside for warming yourselves around on cooler evenings. We have a lot of animal life in the area, from a multitude of different types of birds, including roadrunners and quail, to coyotes, cottontail bunnies, jackrabbits and lizards to name a few. You truly feel as though you're part of the natural and thriving ecosystem here. The views of desert expanses and mountains seem endless and stargazing here is truly spectacular.
We live about a ten minutes’ drive away from the cabin so if you need anything during your stay, don't hesitate to let us know.
We offer bespoke, seasonal juices and juice cleanses delivered to your door by local juicing guru, Angela de la Agua. If you'd like a detoxifying and energising experience during your stay, these fresh, organic juices are a must.
Rohini is a certified Reiki Master practitioner, so if you'd like to experience a relaxing treatment in the comfort of the cabin, let us know!
Send us a message for more details on juices and Reiki treatments.
- Check-in: between 3pm to 8pm. Please let us know in advance what time you plan on arriving
- Check out: 12 noon
- Please follow our directions on Airbnb which you can access after the reservation has been made. The GPS or any other satellite navigation will get you lost
- If possible, we recommend getting here before nightfall as we're located on a dirt road out in the desert with no streetlights
- House-trained, socialised and friendly dogs welcome. The property is not fenced in and there are coyotes, as well as (friendly) neighbourhood dogs around so please keep an eye on your pets or keep them leashed. Do inform us in advance if you plan to bring your dog along with you
- No smoking indoors
- No firearms
- No fireworks
- No ORVs/ATVs/dirt bikes
- No commercial film or photo shoots without prior consent
- Please respect the tranquility of the desert and its plant and animal life and don't tamper with animal nests and burrows
- Please respect the peace and quiet of this desert neighbourhood- no loud music after 10pm. We do not accommodate large groups and parties
- Only Airbnb guests please - we do not allow guests' friends to come hang out and visit
Originally from London, England, we moved to Joshua Tree, California to soak up the sun and the magical vibes of the desert. We like to listen to Credence Clearwater Revival, eat Mexican food and watch the movie Dirty Harry. Hopper plays the guitar string and Rohini likes to recycle things. Welcome to this desert wonderland!