Our property is located on North Captiva Island which is accessible by boat or ferry. Located on a peninsula, the Fish Camp is nestled between Safety Harbor and Pine Island Sound. A cozy get-away designed for two to four people, it features full kitchen, remodeled bath, air conditioning throughout and a wide sittin' porch facing Pine Island Sound. There simply is nothing else like it.
- Must be 25 or older to book the property
- PETS - are permitted in rental units only with prior approval. $50 per pet fee applies along with a pet addendum. All pets must be leashed at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm prevention is highly recommended. All pets must be on flea/tick preventative. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The property manager & owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that humans or pets may incur while on the premises.
- CREDIT CARD FOR INCIDENTALS AND DAMAGE - A credit card number is required to serve as a damage deposit. Credit card will not be charged provided the following provisions are met. • No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. • No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. • All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in downstairs cans, and soiled dishes are cleaned. • All keys are left on the kitchen bar and unit is left locked. • All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. • No household items, including dishes & linens are lost or damaged. • The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or having the local law enforcement called resulting in fees for owner.
- MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
- MINIMUM STAY – This property requires a three (3) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
- BBQ – BBQ pit must stay outside and off deck when in use and until cool.
- GARBAGE – There will be a $40.00 fee per bag of garbage that goes over the limit of 2 standard cans. Garbage cans can be found on the lower deck.
- NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. Please do not take towels or linens from unit.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- BOAT PARKING – Boat parking is limited to two (2) boat at private dock located on the property.
- WATER AND SEPTIC – This property is on wells and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
- HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given unless: The state or local authorities declare a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or • A "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" has been issued in area of residence of a vacationing guest. • The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund: o Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered; o Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and o Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – We highly recommend all guests purchase travel insurance. This property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- Q. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET ACROSS TO THE ISLAND? A. BRING YOUR OWN BOAT - If you are traveling with your OWN boat you can pay, launch and park your vehicle at Pineland marina:(URL HIDDEN) BOAT RENTALS - There are several vendors who offer boat rentals. These are some our past guests have used with good results: • Boats and Fun - Located on North Captiva, they advertise canoe and kayak rentals as well. Their website is (URL HIDDEN) • Monroe Canal Marina – Boat Rentals (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) • Pineland Marina- (URL HIDDEN) WATER TAXI - There is also a safe, reliable water taxi that leaves from Pineland Marina. They have a staff of experienced, licensed captains. The boat ride from the marina to the island takes about 20 to 40 minutes depending on the tides. Contact them for hours and availability: • Island Girl Charters - 13921 Waterfront Drive, Bokeelia, FL 33922, ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) and website (URL HIDDEN) Private Charter from South Fish Charters. Licensed Capt. P. H. Kinsey Jr. will pick you up at pineland Marina and take you right to the private dock. He also does fishing charters and Island Hoping tours. Email for rates and availability at (EMAIL HIDDEN)
- Q. ARE GOLF CARTS AVAILABLE ON THE ISLAND? A. We're glad to say there are no cars on North Captiva Island.! Yes, golf carts are a great way to travel and explore. For pricing and reservations: • Boats and Fun - Located on North Captiva, they advertise canoe and kayak rentals as well. Their website is (URL HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).