If you are country at heart, are traveling with your horse or want to get away from the business world each evening, you will enjoy this hideaway upstairs in a horse barn on a ranch. It has a private entrance & balcony porch for outdoor enjoyment. It offers country charm convenient to nature, history, parks, culture, antiquing, recreation, rivers, theaters, shopping, dining, surrounding cities, major highways 80, 50, 49 & the Sacramento Metro Airport is ~25 miles away.
Folks whom have stayed here say it is fun, soulful, restorative and the horses add tranquility. This space has been affectionately named "Shangri la" by guests - the official sign gifted to us is hanging in the loft.
The experience is enhanced by antiques, rough cedar walls and cabin decor. You will likely find nearly everything you need for comfort and convenience in this cozy self contained studio for one (or a cozy two) nestled in the trees; including a kitchenette and a porch with a view where many have enjoyed morning coffee or a sunset.
The loft is 144 sq ft of living space w/ a 4 x 12 ft porch.
The full (real) bed is also the couch - a captain style daybed. The mattress is kept flat, just take off the pillows and it is ready for sleep.
Hanging armoire and under bed drawer space for clothes.
A quirky but fun thing about this place, is that the bathroom is downstairs, in the barn. So you walk past the horses (please do not feed) to get to the bathroom with shower. There is a 3way light switch for nighttime (by the door in the loft). The bathroom is shared by horse owners whom rarely if ever use the shower.
The folks who board their horses here are friendly and respectful. You are welcomed to have a chat with them, they love to talk about their horses and their passion for riding.
You will find that the loft is insulated and quiet. You will hear the occasional bump or horse talk at night. This is a working barn during the day so this would not be ideal for a day sleeper. The barn is near the driveway and road. Inside the loft, there is low traffic noise, no smell, no flies, no dust if you mind the doors and windows. These things can be met outside.
The location is at the front of the ranch property, convenient to quickly arrive and leave for a busy person. It is inside the driveway gate.
You park on right side of the gravel driveway outside the gate and away from the swing of the gate.
We will share other access details upon acceptance of reservation.
We respect your privacy and understand you may be here for work, meetings or to rest. You let us know if you need something. You can reach us by phone rather than text. Please do introduce yourself if we do not meet on your arrival.
The kitchenette has hot and cold water at the sink, mini frig, micro, wide slot toaster, light duty blender, water filter-pitcher & coffee maker; dishes, utensils, microwave cooking dishes for making an omelet & steaming, miscellaneous snacks, condiments and convenience items. Also TV w/HD antenna, DVD & MHL cable, USB plug & cable, a few games, puzzles, books and videos.
Some basic staples like ketchup, mustard, salt & pepper are provided. Also ground coffee w/ filters and tea bags provided or bring your favorite flavor. Starbucks is located 2 miles away.
We are working on getting internet access the services are limited in this area. If you have Infinity or Comcast there are hot spots that you may be able to access from the loft with your own sign on.
The loft is in an active horse barn on a working ranch. Except for a nap, this is not recommended for people dependent upon day sleep.
There is an Information guide for in studio with attractions, dining, activities, current events etc.
-If a second person is included in the reservation, please identify who they are when making the reservation.
-Please complete the full verification process & receive the green check mark to expedite the booking process.
- Turn into driveway which is gravel and tree lined. Park on the right outside the green gate and away from the swing of the gate. Walk through the gate under the arch and please close gate behind you at all times.
- The stairs to the loft are on the left. There is a motion / dawn-dusk light by the door to illuminate the area. You may want to have a flashlight on hand until you get used to the area. Please be careful, there is uneven ground and tree roots and stairs!
- The loft is in a working horse barn. The horses are boarded here and their owners do come and go during the day and only occasionally at night. Talk to them if you are inclined, they are friendly and interesting people.
- You may hear noises of daily ranch life during the daytime and quiet time is ~ 9 pm to 7 am. Animals noises can be anytime of day or night. Not ideal for day time sleepers.
- Please respectfully clean up after yourself, wash all dishes before departing, be mindful of electricity & water use and safety. Please before leaving the loft close all windows, turn off all electrical appliances ( lights, ceiling fan, A/C, heater, coffee pot, iron, etc. ), bring in any porch furniture/cushions. Also lock both doors when you leave.
- Guests are responsible for any and all damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. Excessively dirty floors, counters, walls or carpets from spilled drinks, food, dirt, mud or odors will be charged an extra cleaning fee. Please do not use towels to clean up spills or other messes. The loft is inventoried and guests are responsible for any missing or damaged items.
- Thank you for no illegal activities, weapons, fireworks, drugs, tobacco, marijuana, vaping, pets, strong odor cooking, perfume or cologne, or excessive alcohol, in the loft or on the property. Low allergen, natural products and fine synthetics are used and provided to minimized irritants and toxins.
- The loft is insulated from temperature, noise and outdoor aromas, but this is in a barn with dust, hay and horses, which may cause you to sneeze. -Please leave the mattress and pillow protective encasements in place.
-No candles or flames, loud noise or overnight guests.
-No smoking or vaping, etc or flames in the loft or on the property, this is imperative.
- Please do not feed any animals or leave food or garbage outside as it only invites pests. Our animals, horses and dog included, do not eat people-food. our dog does not beg so please help him keep his manners. Do not give him any treats or food at all. Sunny our dalmatian is gentle and loves praise. He will likely want to meet you, hoping to get some gentle affection. He may pass by or check out what is going on if you are outside but is generally friendly and keeps to himself. He is quiet. Please do not let him in to the loft. Our pet ducks and geese roam the ranch during the day. Rusty rooster adopted the ranch, he is pretty cool. Any cats you might see are just passing through and please allow them to continue on their way.
-The pasture (not the stalls) is bounded by an electric fence - be aware.
- If you are bringing a bike(s) please do not store them in the room. We can arrange shed storage.
- Please contact us to introduce yourself and with questions, concerns or issues that need attention. Call us rather than text while you are here.
-Please have an adventuresome spirit if you stay here, this is a romantic room and the surroundings have deep charm. Just go with it and let the country-ness of it all settle you. Rest well!
- Relax & enjoy yourself!
I was born and raised in Sacramento so I enjoy sharing local knowledge about the area for history, sightseeing and recreation. I enjoy out door activities, especially swimming and kayaking. Barbara enjoys travel, outdoor activities, creativity & conscious living. We look forward to meeting you.