Location and Charm! This one bedroom updated craftsman apartment is located in artsy Pigeon Point neighborhood, right next to the West Seattle Bridge. Just minutes to downtown Seattle and West Seattle attractions, including Alki Beach and "The Junction," (West Seattle's epicenter of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and art). Street parking is available, or enjoy the four major bus lines near by or bicycle path, which borders the property. Enjoy your coffee on the top floor private deck.
Welcome to the Perch at Pigeon Point! Location and charm make this one of the best Airbnb's in Seattle. The apartment is the top floor of a craftsman triplex, which is newly renovated. It is a one bedroom apartment that is perfect for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
Location is key in Seattle. The Perch is located right next to the Delridge on-ramp for the West Seattle Bridge. This means unparalleled access to downtown, I-5, and Highway 99. A centrally located spot to stay in Seattle with as much access to the rest of the city - North or South. Additionally, you have great access to the best of West Seattle, including Alki Beach and "The Junction," (West Seattle's epicenter of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and art).
The apartment is newly renovated and furnished. I keep it clean and simple, allowing guests to relax and have the essentials they need to cook basic meals. With access to great restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping, a short uber ride will take you to many of Seattle's attractions. Or enjoy the walkability of Pigeon Point neighborhood, which offers The Skylark Cafe & Club, Uptown Espresso, and Ounces Tap Room are just down the street.
There is a cozy living room with double doors that enter onto a beautiful deck. The deck is private and a beautiful little perch with fall/winter views of Elliot Bay, Pier 5 and large shipping cranes, and an obscured view of downtown (but you can see the space needle!). In the spring/summer, the maple trees inhibit the view, however, they provide great foliage and privacy. The living room has a couch that morphs into a sleeping space if needed. It also has a versatile folding wooden table, allowing guests to fold it out to eat, or leave closed up and out of the way.
While the Perch is perfect in many respects, I am a fan of full disclosure and setting realistic expectations. Please pay attention to the following:
1. I have intentionally set the price of the Perch to be more inexpensive as a reflection of the TRAFFIC NOISE- The Perch is beautiful apartment on the border of where a quant residential neighborhood, meets industrial and urban. Out the front door you have our cozy neighborhood, while out the back door, you have Pier 5 and the on-ramp to the West Seattle Bridge, which includes the sounds of shipping trains and car/truck traffic. While I don't have any problems sleeping, it is worth mentioning that the traffic and urban noise is notable (see reviews as other guests have commented on the traffic noise). I have ear plugs on hand for the light sleepers, or recommend bringing your own if you are sensitive to sound.
2. The Perch is a top level apartment of a triplex. I have permanent tenants in the two lower units. They are great people, and I think the world of them. Please be respectful of them, as our neighborhood is their home. They occasionally will use the driveway to load their mountain bikes on their car or unload groceries... so please be polite and courteous.
3. The Perch DOES NOT HAVE A TELEVISION. There is speedy wifi if you want to stream movies on your own laptop, however, there is NOT a television provided.
4. Steep staircase- Immediately upon entering the apartment, one has to climb a steep staircase. I have installed a sturdy handrail for support. The staircase shouldn't deter anyone, as it is only about 10 steps, but may not be suitable for the very elderly.
5. Parking- Guests should count on street parking, as the driveway is where is I store my white pick up truck. If for some reason the pick up truck is not in the driveway, I invite guests to park in the driveway. Please note that there are no restrictions for street parking- no permits or time allotments. Another positive aspect of West Seattle.
The apartment is the top floor of a triplex. Please be mindful when entering, as the foyer has two doors- one to Apartment A and one to Apartment B. Please look for the sign "Airbnb- Apartment A." It is the door to your left upon entering the foyer. You will then immediately climb a steep staircase and may not be suitable for elderly people.
I am an experienced airbnb host with great reviews. I will be available via phone to support with any issues or concerns during your stay. I have family who lives nearby, and can also help remedy any issue that would need to be addressed.
Enjoy the Perch- it is a great little apartment!
Quiet time after 10 pm
I currently live in Seattle and spend my time climbing, skiing, racing triathlon, and oh yeah.... working too! I am a therapist and performance consultant focusing my energy on helping people tap into their PEAK potential
I was born and raised in Seattle. My family has deep roots in West Seattle, particularly. We are glad to rent our craftsman apartments to Seattle bound travelers.