The house was built in 1936 at the village, It was falling apart, Just Imagine many houses like this were tearing down and replaced with the modern cement one, luckily this precious house was rescued, in April 2005 the house was moved in to town,The comfort were added.
If you are looking for an experience being in an unique, comfortable Lao traditional house, then EBONY HOUSE is the right one, It has a HUGE garden with beautiful old trees and surrounded by lovely neighborhood
- No shoes in the house upstairs, The shoes bench is provided downstairs
- Please clean your own dishes
- No indoor smoking
- People more then a reserved number is not allowed
- No house keeping is provided
- House owner is not respond for the loss of belonging or valuables of the guest, The Safe box is provided in each bedroom
I am Lao and work as a chef, I used to be a tour guide, speak fluently German and English. My wife is French, lives in Laos for almost 15 years. We have a beautiful son (10y old) who is very friendly and flexible.
If you are going to Luang Prabang, would like to experience being with local and living in one of Lao oldest house then Ebony house is yours