Dear Christopher, thank you for your very honest review. There are a number of points on which I feel I must clarify however, as what you have posted publicly is not entirely accurate and thus not entirely fair.
1) The apartment is on a main road, and yes there is traffic noise. However, the traffic is limited to working/daylight hours and does not extend overnight. In addition, I never did advertise that my flat was in a quiet residential area-you will note that the listing states "character apartment in the city". I suppose the tradeoff for the proximity of the flat to the city is that a bit of traffic noise is to be expected.
2) In regards to the bathroom fan, I had sent you a message prior to your check-in regarding the pending repairs to aforementioned. I had notified you of, and apologized for, the inconvenience it could cause as it was not working, and at that time, given you ample notice to cancel your reservation and choose somewhere else with a functional fan, had that been your perogative. I'm not sure why the state of a none functional bathroom fan is an issue you feel you need to address and about which you feel the need to comment negatively when I had notified you of the same and given you the chance to cancel your reservation if it really had bothered you that much?
3) You had mentioned the apartment needed a total overhaul and a repaint. My flat was recarpeted and repainted in 2012. The kitchen was also renovated the same year. The bathroom, for the exception of the shower and the fan, was redone in 2015. The building was constructed in the 1930s. The renovation work was done prior to my taking over the flat. The photos I have posted on my listing accurately reflect the interior of the flat, so while I am sorry that you felt the flat needs a "complete overhaul and repaint"- I am surprised that the interior of the flat gave you such a negative impression given that you surely must have looked at the photos prior to making a reservation.
4) You had requested early check in, and in order to accommodate you I had my cleaner change her schedule so that you could check in when you wished. As such, she cleaned the apartment the day before your arrival and clearly could not leave the windows open while the flat was vacant. So I do apologize for the "musty odour"-but the kitchen window at the rear of the flat does open and does not face the road so if you felt the flat was stuffy there was an openable window that does not let in traffic noise.
5) I feel the description of the flat is accurate, as are the photos; and while I realize that my flat may not suit everyone, and clearly it did not suit you, I am now surprised that you booked my flat at all given that nothing in the description states "modern" or "quiet residential". In addition, I was at all times in very clear communication with you and did what I could to accommodate your needs eg. early check-in, and I am sorry you did not feel you could let me know that the flat did not suit, and subsequently perhaps arrange a refund or an early cancellation, rather than leaving such a negative and quite frankly, vindictive review. My other reviews have been quite positive and I am sorry you had such a negative experience but I am left wondering how it is that other guests who have stayed at my flat have been fairly happy and you have had such a shockingly terrible time. I sincerely hope that staying at my flat did not ruin your time in Welly-I will keep the points you made in your reivew in mind.