Business & adventure travelers, students & those exploring the area prior to moving; single or couple will find comfort and convenience in this cozy studio. It is attached to the main house with a private entrance and patio for enjoyment of the outdoors. Our 3 acre ranch offers country charm convenient to nature, history, parks, culture, antiquing, recreation, rivers, theaters, shopping, dining, surrounding cities, major highways 80, 50, 49 & the Sacramento Metro Airport is ~25 miles away.
You’ll feel at ease in this studio because of the privacy & relaxing ambiance as you are surrounded by nature. Your experience is enhanced by the antiques and vintage but elegant cottage style decor with many comforts and conveniences. You have your own entrance, the studio has natural filtered light and is cozy with your own patio. It is uniquely situated in a private corner of our ranch.
We will share access details upon acceptance of reservation.
We respect your privacy and understand you may be here for work, meetings or to rest. You let us know if you need something. You can reach us by pone rather than text. Please do introduce yourself if we do not meet on your arrival.
You have a designated parking spot for 1 car in the driveway with a motion activated light.
There is low ambience lighting along the sidewalk to The Retreat. Considering arriving before dark and having a flashlight.
The terrain on the ranch may be uncertain on the ranch ie irregular, uneven, soft or narrow. Also there are two steps at each entrance to The Retreat.
Starbucks House Blend & Tea bag teas provided or bring your favorite flavor for the K-cup coffee maker. It also has a basket filter to brew ground coffee.
The kitchenette has a wide slot toaster, blender, K cup coffee maker, small refrigerator, sink, water -filter pitcher, dishes, utensils, microwave cooking dishes for making an omelet & steaming, miscellaneous snacks, condiments and convenience items.
On the patio,there is a traditional kettle grill, BBQ cart & utensils and lighter. Match light coals are provided, no lighter fluid please, and we ask that the coals be replaced.
TV w/HD antenna, DVD & MHL cable, wifi, USB plug & cable, a few games, puzzles, books coloring books and videos.
Information guide in studio with attractions, dining, activities etc.
-If a second person is included in the reservation, please identify who they are when making the reservation.
-Please complete the full verification process & receive the green check mark to expedite the booking process.
- Turn into driveway, enter ranch under arch and please close gate behind you. The driveway is gravel and tree lined. You will pass the horse stables and another red barn on your left. Drive to the end of the driveway and park to the left of the horse trailers, adjacent to the hedge. There is a motion activated light to illuminate the area. Approach your studio via the sidewalk along the front of the house. From the garage, pass the front entrance to the main house and go around the corner, step up into your studio via the sliding door entrance, There are ambient solar lights along the sidewalk and a bright motion light as you approach the studio entrance. Considering arriving before dark and having a flashlight.
The terrain on the ranch may be uncertain ie irregular, uneven, soft or narrow. Also there are two steps at each entrance to The Retreat.
- The studio is attached to the main house The adjoining door is kept locked. Except for walking by our entrance, all of the views from our house are away from your cozy space. We are quiet, though you may hear noises of daily ranch life during the daytime and quiet time is ~ 9 pm to 7 am. Not ideal for daytime sleepers, though a nap is good!
- Please respectfully clean up after yourself, wash all dishes before departing, be mindful of electricity & water use and safety. Please before leaving the studio close all windows, turn off all electrical appliances ( lights, ceiling fan, A/C, heater, coffee pot, iron, etc. ), bring in the patio cushions and lower the umbrella. Also lock both doors when you leave.
- Guests are responsible for any and all damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. Excessively dirty floors, counters, walls or carpets from spilled drinks, food, dirt or mud will be charged an extra cleaning fee. Please do not use towels to clean up spills or other messes. The studio is inventoried and guests are responsible for any missing or damaged items.
- Thank you for no illegal activities, weapons, fireworks, drugs, excessive alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, vaping, pets, strong odor cooking, perfume or cologne in the studio or on the property. Low allergen, natural products and fine synthetics are used and provided to minimized irritants and toxins. Please leave the mattress and pillow protective encasements in place. Also no candles or flames, loud noise or overnight guests.
-No smoking or vaping, etc in the loft or on the property, this is imperative.
- Please do not feed any animals or leave food or garbage outside as it only invites pests. Our animals, horses and dog included, do not eat people-food. our dog does not beg so please help him keep his manners. Do not give him any treats or food at all. Sunny our dalmatian is gentle and loves praise. He will likely want to meet you, hoping to get some gentle affection. He may pass by or check out what is going on if you are outside but is generally friendly and keeps to himself. He is quiet and does not go into the studio. Our pet ducks and geese roam the ranch during the day. Any cats you might see are just passing through and please allow them to continue on their way. The studio is remote to the area where the horses are boarded in the front of the property and the pasture is bounded by an electric fence.
- Please empty your garbage into the appropriate bin by the gate on the driveway
- Please no illegal downloading of copyrighted or illicit materials on our internet server.
- If you are bringing a bike(s) please do not store them in the room. We can arrange shed storage.
- Please contact us to introduce yourself and with questions, concerns or issues that need attention. Call us rather than text
- Relax & enjoy yourself!
I was born and raised in Sacramento so I enjoy sharing local knowledge about the area for history, sightseeing and recreation. I enjoy out door activities, especially swimming and kayaking. Barbara enjoys travel, outdoor activities, creativity & conscious living. We look forward to meeting you.