A luxury Riverside Lodge for two in the Argyll Forest. Wonderful scenery, rich with wildlife, a perfect place for romance. Visit nearby 'Pucks Glen' or 'Benmore Botanical Gardens & Cafe', dine in style in Dunoon or at a local inn, read a book or just relax. Take home some fantastic memories.
A luxury log cabin beside the river. It's warm, cosy and comfortable. It's a great 'little space' for getting away from everything for a while... If you like you can watch the sheep across the river, the Red Squirrel visitors or birdlife on the water, and if visiting when the weather is cold, the little log burner will more than keep you warm and snug.
Electricity, bedding, towels, wi-fi and adjacent parking are all included, and you'll find information in the lodge to enhance your stay.
Guests have unrestricted access to the lodge, it's facilities, grounds and gardens.
Guests have full access of the lodge and grounds, including the riverside and woods to the north, and there's public access along the river to the south. A short walk will bring you to the 'Pucks Glen Car Park' and onwards along a traffic-free country path to 'Pucks Glen' and the 'Benmore Botanical Gardens and Cafe'.
The lodge has its own private access with adjacent parking.
Entry to the cabin is by self check-in. This allows more flexibility on Arrival times and greater privacy. If you need to arrive before 16:00 hrs or depart after 10:00 hrs please discuss this with your hosts. The Key Store code is provided in the House Manual, accessible after booking is complete. Every booking is also confirmed by email, and if you have provided your mobile number you should also receive the Key Store code by text a day or two before your stay. Your hosts can be contacted by phone, mobile or email should you require their assistance at any time.
The accommodation is perfect for couples, but is not suitable for pets or children. No Smoking property. Bedding, Electricity, Electric Heating, Bedding, Towels, Wi-fi internet and Parking are is provided.
Your Comfort, Safety, Security and Enjoyment are important to us.
THE IMPORTANT BITS
• Bed Linen, Wi-fi, Parking and Electricity are included
• Arrival from 4.00pm. Departure by 10.00am*
• No-smoking, no barbecues in lodge vicinity
• Whole-house let
• Sorry, Pets are not accepted
• Not suitable for children
• Maximum 2 persons per lodge
• Quiet Area
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
1. *Early Arrival and/or Late Departure can be arranged in advance. A small extra fee will apply.
2. The Housekeeper arrives to service your lodge 15 mins after your departure. If the Housekeeper is delayed unfortunately there will be an additional £65, charged against the Damage Deposit
HEATING, ELECTRICITY AND LOGS FOR LOG BURNER
1. Electric Heating and Electricity are included. Please use responsibly
2. A starter 'fire-pack' is provided October to May. Small logs, kindling, etc. can be purchased at the local shop
1. Please lock the lodge securely when unoccupied.
2. Smoking, candles or open flames are not permitted due to the flammable nature of the log cabin.
3. Barbecues are not permitted in the vicinity
4. Your hosts shall take all reasonable steps to ensure unforeseen problems are dealt with as swiftly as possible, if these fall within within their control
5. Guests grant reasonable access at any time should a problem arises, e.g. to electrics, plumbing, etc.
6. Guests are asked to keep noise to a minimum after 8:00 pm and respect the privacy and needs of nearby residents
Please leave the lodge in a clean and tidy condition on departure. Please take your rubbish to the bins provided (or take it with you). Stripping the beds is not necessary but is appreciated by the housekeeper.
Please report and pay for any damage before departure.
MOBILE & WI-FI
There is reasonable mobile coverage and wi-fi, sufficient for streaming movies, but high speed cannot always be guaranteed due to the rural location.
1. No responsibility is accepted for loss, injury or damage to any member of the guest's party or their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner during or out of the let.
2. As no staff reside on the premises there is an increased Duty of Care over the property on the Booker and his/her guest.
Hi. Our family are Stephen, Liz, Daniel and Jo. Together we have log cabins near The beautiful Pucks Glen by Dunoon and a backpackers hostel near the UK's highest mountain Ben Nevis, by Fort William. Our family enjoy travelling and between us have stayed in literally hundreds of Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Self-Caterings and Hostels over the last 25 years.
Stephen and Liz live near DUNOON and look after the log cabins, whilst Daniel and Jo live in and look after the hostel near FORT WILLIAM
We all know how important it is to receive a warm welcome, sleep in a comfortable bed and enjoy clean facilities, and so to provide this is our number one aim, regardless of your budget.