10 minutes to SML and National D Day Memorial. 30 minutes to Blue Ridge Parkway.
Visitors often describe our 52 acre property as "beautiful". The apartment studio is on the 2nd level. There are multiple color coded trails (ideal for hiking, snowshoeing, and/or X-C skiing) throughout 32 acres of woods; a river and streams; abundant wildlife; privacy; and Blue Ridge Mountain views. Our place is good for couples and solo adventurers. Fishing on Goose Creek permitted with license.
We are located 3 miles north of Moneta; however, our county and mailing address is Bedford, VA. If you are using GPS, using Moneta instead of Bedford might be more accurate. We will send you driving directions so there should be no confusion on locating our farm.
* 36 minutes from Liberty University in Lynchburg.
* Public boat ramp 15 minutes away on SML.
* 10 minutes from Bridgewater Plaza
* 15 minutes to Westlake Plaza
* 10 minutes from the National D Day Memorial.
Second Level Studio with 52 acres of forest and meadows.
Available through texting or cell phone. Will try to be available if requested. Normally need a minimum of 2 hour response time if needed in person.
Important note: the 2nd bed is a full deluxe futon used as a couch in the common living area. It can sleep two, but is most comfortable if used by 2 young children, a couple or a single adult.
Individuals booking our farm retreat must be staying at our studio.
Additional fees/taxes to lodging rate:
1) Cleaning fee: $35
2) Taxes will be requested through the Airbnb Resolution Center after you book:(URL HIDDEN) Local lodging tax: 7(URL HIDDEN) State sales tax: 5.3%
- Outdoor fires limited to 4 pm and 12 am between February 15 and April 30.
- No hunting any time
- Outdoor fires in fire pits should be extinguished before retiring for the evening.
- No camping
- No Internet available
Retired college business school professor, dean, and military officer. World traveler. Volunteer weekly at an international relief organization and manage our 52 acre farm. Married with 2 grown sons and three young grandchildren. My wife is also a retired college professor. We enjoy hiking, biking, travel, reading, and Netfix. Favorite extended vacation spot: Hilton Head Island.