In the beautiful North York Moors National Park, just a mile and a half from Grosmont, terminus for the heritage railway and 5 miles from Whitby, Partridge Nest Cottage was converted from a traditional sandstone farm building in 2000. We have recently renovated it, opening up the ground floor, adding a log burner, new kitchen and a stripped wooden floor. We have also added a large walled private south facing patio with an uninterrupted view up the valley side to the moor top.
You will have access to the entire private cottage, walled patio and some of the surrounding fields with great views of the Esk valley, you'll even be able to see Whitby Abby and the sea beyond from the best viewpoints. There is a designated parking space next to the farmhouse and even closer access for loading and unloading.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There are sloping ceilings in the bedrooms as they are in the roof.
The bathroom is downstairs.
There is an 18cm step down from the entrance door into the kitchen, an 18cm step up into the living area and an 18cm step down into the bathroom.
There are some low beams over doorways so tall folk may need to duck when passing through.
There is a well stocked Spar shop, Radfords Butchers, Fish & Chip shop, Bothams bakery, Hair & Beauty salon and The Plough Inn all situated in Sleights (one to one and a half miles away). Grosmont also has a village shop, Pub, excellent Gallery with cafe, Preservation railway and several further coffee shops on hand.
- Quiet between 11pm and 7am
- Departure by 10am
- Parking next to cottage for loading/unloading - then can park in designated parking space next to farmhouse
-Free parking for one car - additional car will incur a small surcharge of £2.00 per night. Please advise if more than one car at time of booking.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
- One well behaved pet may stay at the cottage for an additional £5.00 per night. No pets to be allowed upstairs in the cottage.
- Sorry but dogs must be kept on a lead when outside at Partridge Nest Farm as there are sheep
- The cottage has a maximum occupancy of x 4 people although an infant (under 24 months) can stay for free. Please bring your own cot.