My place is close to Penguin beach and other beautiful beaches and beach areas like Preservation Bay and Turners Beach, the local shops, the Penguin markets, cafes, airport, Spirit of Tasmania ferry from Melbourne, Ulverstone, Burnie, Devonport, restaurants. My place is good for small family, couples, solo adventurers and business travellers who want something better than average. Madsen Retreat is set up to be pet friendly but by arrangement only with the hosts.
- Quiet hours from 10 pm - 8 am
- No dirty shoes in house
- No entry to any room marked "Office"
- No entry to any room marked "Private"
- If you use kitchen, clean up and keep tidy
- Lock front door when going out
- Check out by 11 am on last day
- The place is pet friendly if you come with a dog. But you must check with us in advance to discuss suitability. We don't allow dog inside the house but we have an enclosed area out the back and a large kennel.
I am a lawyer and businessman and I move back and forth between Sydney and Penguin. I am a business partner with the owner of the Madsen Boutique hotel and the Madsen Retreat is in fact an extension of the Madsen Boutique as the Madsen Boutique is regularly booked out. The Madsen offers 4 star accommodation. Right now I have private living quarters and an office in the Madsen Retreat but in due course will purchase a home in Penguin for myself and my life partner. I have two teenage daughters who mainly live in Sydney with their mother. Most my personal travels have been to USA, UK, Europe and Japan.