This is it...the perfect get-away! Completely remodeled with modern flair! Walls of windows with amazing views of private Arch Cape beach greet you.
Open floor plan is ideal for entertaining with kitchen bar overlooking the dining and living rooms. Dramatic cedar lined vaulted living room and dining room allow for abundant natural light and unobstructed ocean views. Handsome custom tiled wood burning fireplace with built in hearth seating. Retro design throughout. Relaxation at its finest.
We fell in love with this home because of its location - not oceanfront but maybe better than oceanfront as this home offers sweeping panoramic ocean & hillside views! It is literally steps to the beach via two public access paths so you can be on the beach for a happy hour walk with a glass of wine or can run up to the house if you have forgotten marshmallows for your smores at your beachside campfire! The size is perfect - its the 'not too big' home which makes it intimate for family gatherings. A reverse floorplan takes advantage of the views from almost every room on the upper level and creates a separate space for youngsters/teens on the lower level for hanging out & sleeping.
Expansive new deck just steps out the front door with elevated sweeping ocean views. Second south facing deck off living room perfect for bar-be-queing or soaking up the sun.
Full size washer & dryer in lower level laundry room. Full towels & linens included. Kitchen includes plates, glassware, pots/pans, flatware; microwave, dishwasher, propane stove with 4 burners.
2 car covered carport + driveway accommodates an addl 4 cars.
Generous sized master bedroom with expansive ocean views, king bed, flat screen TV and adjoining full bathroom. Sleep at night listening to the ocean waves lapping along the shoreline. Oversized guest room with king sized bed.
Lower level offers versatile sleeping arrangements with two king sized twin beds that can be used individually or combined into one king bed + double bed, flat screen TV & games for kids.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4PM AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11AM. No early check-ins or late check-outs without expressed prior approval of the owners. Check out time is 11:00am and is strictly enforced to prepare the property for the next guest(s) arrival. Late check-outs will be charged for an additional night with applicable taxes.
2. This is a NON SMOKING property. Please do not smoke in the house or yard.
3. Pets are not permitted under any circumstances. We love dogs but unfortunately, all pets are not allowed.
4. RESERVATION DEPOSIT and PAYMENT – A reservation deposit of the full rental period, taxes, refundable security deposit & cleaning fee is required at the time of reservation. A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations made thirty (30) days or earlier before the arrival date will receive a full refund. Deposit will be forfeited for cancellations less than 30 days of the arrival date.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – A damage deposit of $500.00 will be collected for each rental period at the time of booking. The damage deposit will be returned to the renter if there has been no damage. Any damage will be taken from the deposit first – if the damage exceeds the deposit amount, additional costs will be imposed to cover the difference. This is a non-smoking home – smoke smell in the home will constitute forfeiture of the damage deposit & may result in additional costs to have the smoke smell removed.. After checkout, we will inspect the property for damage and take inventory of the supplies and equipment. If the vacation rental is damaged or if any of the supplies or equipment at the vacation rental are missing or damaged, then we will deduct an appropriate amount from the security deposit. Homeowner will refund the unused portion of the security deposit to the vacation renter.
6. UPON CHECK-OUT:
A. All recycling and garbage should be placed in the containers adjacent to the driveway and soiled dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and the dishwasher started (soap is under the kitchen sink). Garbage day is Thursday. Please place any recycling in the recycling container on Thursday.
B. The house is to be left locked. Please make sure that both upper level doors and the lower level door are all locked upon leaving. (Remember, to lock the two upper doors, lift the door handle up with one hand while turning the knob counter clock wise with the other.
C. All linens are to be accounted for and to be in same condition as when guests received them.
7. MAXIMUM CAPACITY – The maximum number of guests for The Cape House is eight (8) persons. This property is located in a residential neighborhood and may not be used for weddings, wedding receptions, parties or any other large group gatherings without prior approval. If an unauthorized event is taking place eviction will occur and no refunds will be made.
8. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the house. A mid stay clean is available for an extra fee & with appropriate advance notice.
9. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS –Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
11. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
12. PARKING - Parking is limited to four (4) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the driveway. Street parking is subject to availability; please be courteous to neighbors access in & out of their home, esp during holidays. The driveway is sloped with gravel. RV's, campers, or trailers may not be parked at any time on the property. Tents are not permitted at any time.
13. LIABILITY - Your vacation rental will be cleaned prior to your check-in. A supply of toilet tissue, soaps, dish soaps and paper towels will be included. No items from the vacation rental home, including, but not limited to, firewood, furniture, and towels, may be taken to the beach at any time. After you depart, we will check the property for damage and take inventory. No additional charges shall accrue, provided that there has been no breach of this agreement. Any/all damage, breakage, theft, excessive cleaning costs, and/or unnecessary maintenance expenses resulting from your occupancy, without limit, shall be repaired at your expense. Failure to comply with regulations concerning State, County, or City code and/or regulations concerning occupancy, parking, and/or loud or inappropriate behavior may result in immediate eviction of guest(s) without any refund, forfeiture of any/all deposits and payments, civil fines, and/or responsibility for any/all economic damages to owner and /or agents.
14. MURPHYS PLACE is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest(s). By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Guest(s) agree(s) to hold owners free and clear of any liability for damage to self, to any occupants in guest(s)