This is Cabin #2 on the Oaks Resort property on Spider Lake in beautiful Traverse City, MI. Just 15 minutes from downtown Traverse City, The Oaks makes for a memorable vacation spot with plenty to do. Included with your stay are two rowboats, a paddleboat, kayaks and a paddleboard. There is a main house and two other cabins available for big groups. Perfect for family reunions!
Tom and Kathleen have been Spider Lake property owners for nearly 30 years. They are Michigan natives that embrace Northern Michigan’s four seasons of beauty and fun.
Favorite Activities Include:
Boating, swimming and fishing on Spider Lake
Hiking Sleeping Bear Dunes
Kayaking and tubing on the Boardman River
Horse back riding at Ranch Rudolf
Shopping and Dining in Downtown Traverse City
Bike riding on Mission Point
Winery tours on Old Mission Peninsula
Snowmobiling and cross-country skiing
Let us help create a memorable family vacation for you!
The entire cabin and lake access are open to all renters! There is also private deck access if you wish to bring your own boat.
Tom and Kathleen live part-time on Spider Lake and plan to be available for guests for much of the 2017 season.
-GUESTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN SHEETS AND TOWELS
- There is No Smoking allowed in the house or cabins.
- No Pets Allowed!
- Remember there is a septic tank. Please do not allow food down the sink in the cabins as there is no garbage disposal. Please use the toilet paper conservatively.
- Park in your assigned spot. If you need an extra spot, let us know.
- There are two rowboats, a paddleboat, kayaks and a paddleboard. You are free to use them all. Life jackets are in the black barrel near the main dock. All guests must abide by the Michigan regulations which require one life jacket per passenger on the row boats or paddleboat . Maximum of 5 passengers on each rowboat and 2 on the paddleboat. Children under 6 must wear their lifejackets at all times on the water. No unattended children under 12 are allowed on the docks or in the water. Registration papers are on each vessel. The sheriff patrols regularly and will ticket if rules are not followed. Our 8hp motor rent for $30 per day. No running on the docks. Please do not feed the water fowl. They create messes.
- All trash must be bagged and placed in the receptacle next to the garage. NO LOOSE TRASH! There is no recycling pickup. Trash pick up is on Monday. If you clean fish, please do so outside and freeze the remains in a ziplock baggie until trash day.
- Check out time is 10:00 on the day of your departure. There is a vacuum in each cabin, so please feel free to use it during your stay. Our hope is that you leave each cabin as you found it.
- Quiet time begins at 11:00 and lasts until 9:00 a.m. each morning. Remember, there are 3 cabins and a lake house here, so please respect other guests.