Built in 1750, this Grade 2 Listed Cottage has a colourful history, and you’re invited to be a part of its story. Once a farmhouse, Yew Tree Cottage has been lovingly restored with a generous touch of luxury. Tucked in the heart of picturesque Westow on the edge of the Wolds and North Yorkshire Moors, a short distance from the windswept coastline yet close to the city of York and Malton. Yew Tree Cottage is both secluded and accessible, historic and contemporary, charming and exclusive. It is nothing short of unique – and it’s everything you might want in an English cottage getaway.
The cottage has 3 large bedrooms; master bedroom with super-king bed, smartTV and plenty of storage space, and two double bedrooms. One bedroom can be converted to a twin room. Family sized bathroom with shower and a claw foot bath.
Perfect for families or romantic breaks with all the luxury trimmings that will make your holiday the dream break it should be.
This is not your average self-catering stay. From the moment of contact to the final, hassle-free day at Yew Tree Cottage, every detail has been considered with you in mind.
Get comfortable in one of Yew Tree Cottage’s 3 downstairs living spaces. Make a favourite family meal in the large fully stocked kitchen, where you’ll find a full welcome basket with fresh bread, butter, milk, eggs, bacon, tea, coffee, cake and a complimentary bottle of wine – all sourced from local farmers and bakers.
Toss a few pieces of pre-cut firewood into the wood-burning stove, and hunker down in the family room with a glass of wine and a movie. And in the dining room, gather around the solid oak rectory table, which is also ideal for playing board games or putting together jigsaw puzzles late into the evening.
If you’ve got little ones in tow, there’s no need to worry: Toddler toys, 2 high chairs, plastic cutlery, 2 travel cots, and other kid-friendly gear are all freely available for your use. We even supply extra nappies, a steriliser and bottle warmer to name a few! We know what it's like to pack for children and have tried to ensure the home is equipped with everything you might need.
You will have exclusive access to the entire cottage, which includes the garden, patio, outdoor entertaining area and so on.
We can be contacted via text, email, or phone anytime of the day or night. We also have on call facilities on hand too. (local milkman, paper delivery, additional housekeeping, babysitting, for emergency maintenance, repair, etc)
The cottage is in a perfect location for visiting Castle Howard, Malton, Yorkshires Food Capital, Flamingo Land, historic towns of York, Helmsley, heading off to the Yorkshire Moors, Coast and Dales and more. Kirkham Priory is a lovely walk, Doorstep deliveries of local organic meats, vegetables and milk are available. Shop 4 miles, and a fantastic pub is only 60 yards down the road, serving excellent food and fresh ales. We also provide many baby friendly items to avoid you having to pack so much for your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful part of the world!
* Checkin/Out: Check-in is from 3PM, and check-out is by 10AM. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
* Cleaning: Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels in the bath. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
* Damage: - We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
* Smoking: Being a family home, we also have a no smoking policy (although you are welcome to smoke outside at the back of the cottage)
* Pets: No pets allowed
* Occupancy: We understand that for a whole verity of reasons, you may want additional guests to stay in the place. In the event that you want additional guests to stay, please contact us to let us know. We’re reasonable folk and will accommodate wherever possible