We hope you'll enjoy our country getaway as much as we do!
We are a 10 minute drive from "downtown" Chatham, about 30 minutes each from Catamount, Jiminy Peak, and Ski Butternut. Approximately 1:15 away are Hunter and Wyndham mountains. The busier town of Hudson is a 25 minute drive.
Our dog and 1 cat use the property with us when we are there, and though we clean thoroughly, if you're highly allergic, we may not be a good choice.
Located on 6 quiet acres just outside of the town of Chatham, our home is great for entertaining a group, or just relaxing by the fire. The main level features a great room (with a vaulted ceiling and access to the deck, outdoor fireplace, and hot tub), a dining area, and an open (and fully stocked) kitchen. There is also a guest bathroom and very small office with daybed on this level (great for a teenager or unfussy single adult).
The main sleeping areas are located above (master) and below (guest) the main living area, and sleeping arrangements are outlined below:
- Master suite upstairs: King bed + daybed with trundle (4 people max). Also a full bathroom with jetted soaking tub and separate shower.
- Guest bedroom on lowest level: Full bed + pull-out twin (3 people max)
- Office on main level: Daybed for one
- Queen airbed also available
- 5 Guests max. Each additional guest over age 12 = $50
**Please note: the upstairs and downstairs sleeping areas are on their own floors, but without doors to close them off. If you have small children, you will need to bring baby gates.
You are free to use the entire property! There are logging trails behind the house, which are great for hiking (beware of ticks from March thru November!). We also have some lawn space for playing, and a hot tub and flagstone patio with outdoor fireplace.
You're welcome to use any and all appliances in the house, as well as any of the basic grocery supplies like flour, sugar, spices, coffee, and tea.
We live full time in Brooklyn, but will be available via phone, text, and e-mail throughout your stay. We also have local friends who can help in the case of an emergency.
It is likely that you will have VERY PATCHY cell phone coverage at our home. WiFi is included, but isn't the strongest. Apple TV, a DVD player, and a Bluetooth speaker are all included, as are a collection of games, and a growing selection of books (feel free to contribute!).
A small amount of firewood is available, and more can be purchased at the local grocery or ACE TrueVaue, about a 10 minute drive away.
- Skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers, et al must remove wet gear in the garage or foyer, and not bring any wet gear onto the wood flooring.
- Most of the furniture in our home has been passed down through generations. Please be kind to it.
- When using the hot tub, the cover must be replaced after use. Only designated towels may be used after hot tubbing. Wet towels must be hung in bathrooms, and not over wood floors.
- All beds used must be stripped, and sheets and used towels must be taken to the laundry room.
- All used kitchen equipment must be washed before check out.
- As the house is on a well and septic system, and heat comes from propane tanks, please be mindful of your water usage (including flushing), and turn the heat down both at night and when you leave the house. Do NOT turn any thermostat above 70 at any time.
We are a married couple from New York City.
As homeowners ourselves, we appreciate leaving our rentals exactly as we found them; we are known amongst our friends to be punctual, responsible, and tidy. (Okay, maybe behind our backs, they say we're a little OCD with the tidiness, but that's all relative, right?) ;-)
Our latest mission is to travel to all 50 states before we turn 50. At last count, we've got 23 to go, and 10-ish years to get there. We enjoy a glass of wine (she), a good single malt Scotch (him) and a well-prepared meal...both the cooking and the eating of it! We are also avid readers and runners, and share our home with four furry family members: cats James, Stella, and Isa; and pit bull Henry.