Our luxurious large house (180 m2) on the Singel canal in the old city center of Amsterdam has all major attractions at walking distance: Anne Frank house, Dam square, Jordaan and last but not least the famous canals just a footstep away.
*Only families and people from one and the same household are allowed to stay with 6 guests (this is an important rule by the municipality of Amsterdam), else only 4 guests can stay.
Our luxurious large house on the Singel canal in the old town of Amsterdam is a real gem. With Dam square, Jordaan and Anne Frank House just around the corner this is the perfect place to explore Amsterdam.
The house is situated on the ground floor and sousterrain of an monumental canal building in the old city center of Amsterdam.
The apartment contains:
- Old 17th Century marble hallway
- Very large (65m2) and bright living room with 4,5 meter high ceilings with old monumental beams (dating back from the 17th Century!).
The living room has 4 large doors with windows overlooking the gardens
- Because this room is so high we have made a large mezzanine floor to create even more space where we have made a chill out lounge with the 40 inch tv a sofa and a massage chair.
Perfect to relax on after a long day of sightseeing
- Exclusive designer kitchen (Bulthaup)with all appliances you can think of all from the exclusive brand Gaggenau. (for example large oven, steamer, dish-warmer, dish-washer, 5 pit gascooker, Quooker (=boiling water faucet) etc. etc.)
-H alf open Diningroom also with 4,5m high ceilings which overlooks the quiet ZEN-style patio. This room has a very large dining table made of old oak castle-beams suitable for 10 persons.
-In the marble hallway is a seperate toilet with designer sanitary. A wide monumental stairs covered with carpet (so it is not slippery) leads down to the 4 rooms on the level below
-2 bedrooms which can be connected to each-other by opening the double doors in between. There is day-light made by 2 large windows in the ceiling to the patio.
Both rooms have comfortable double beds.
One of them has access to the guest bathroom. This bathroom has designer sanitary-ware with large rain-shower and designer washbasin.
- Large hallway with build-in cabinets with wash-machine and dryer
- Second toilet with designer sanitary-ware
- Large master bedroom with king size bed (180 x 200 cm)and a lot of build-in cabinets, large 42 inch. LED tv and access to the master bathroom
- Very large bathroom with designer sanitary with 2 wasbasins, large freestanding bathtub made of Corian, large rainshower and view upon the garden: there is also floor heating!
- Everywhere in the house is wireless High-speed internet-access
- All furniture is made of top quality and designer brands
- Beautiful wooden flooring with under- floor heating
- Double glazed windows everywhere
- Towels & sheets available
- Excellent Nespresso coffee maker
- NON-PARTY apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our apartment is right in the center of the center of Amsterdam. Just 100 meters walking distance from the famous Dam square. Also, Central station and Anne Frankhuis are very nearby.
The famous canals are very quiet and truly beautiful. But in short walking distance the city is vibrant and alive: When the sun is shining, the terraces quickly become filled, the best shops are nearby (for example Bijenkorf with Hermes and Luis Vuitton shops) and a lot of museums are close by.
On February 1, 1999, the Dutch government decided to qualify the inner city, the canals of Amsterdam, as a monument, a protected inner city view. The girdle of canals (ranging from the Singel Canal up to the Prinsengracht Canal) is a historically important part of this region, and it is one of the city's most attractive sights. Since 2010 the canals are even made Unesco World Heritage.
The girdle of canals starts at River Amstel and ends at Brouwersgracht. One-third of the houses along the canals (grachtenhuizen) were built before 1850. During the 17th Century, the city extended its boundaries, and canals were shaped in a girdle around the oldest part of Amsterdam to accommodate wealthy tradesmen and burghers. First, the Singel Canal was dug out, then the Herengracht, Keizersgracht and, last of all, Prinsengracht.
In the middle of the old city center with all major attractions at walking distance, you would expect this place to be noisy. Luckily it is the exact opposite: the quiet gardens are a perfect hideaway from the hustling and bustling city life…
*Due to regulations by the municipality Amsterdam, it is allowed to stay with max. 4 guests if they are not from the same household. If they are from the same household 6 guests are allowed.
- Only families and people from one and the same household are allowed to stay with 6 guests!
- No extra guests without prior approval
- No drugs
- Only families and people from one and the same household are allowed to stay with 6 guests