PRO: Convenience, low rate, hospitable host, simple breakfast.
CON: Not a 4-star hotel, shared bathroom, single bed, small modest house, personal & gardening items in LR, laundry areas (I live here).
FYI: Friendly dog, cat. As clean as I can get a 70-year-old house, but perfection eludes me.
Solo traveler only. Firm top-quality mattress, good light, recliner armchair, desk. Kitchen, LR access. See Other Things re: what's nearby. REVIEWS: "Like a home away from home." "Best host I ever had."
- Accommodation for one human guest ONLY, no exceptions.
- Be very careful not to let resident dog or cat out. NO other pets allowed.
- Smoking outside only. Smoking of ANY kind inside terminates stay, no refund.
- Moderate alcohol use only, please.
- No shoes on carpets or rugs, please. Hard surfaces OK (hall, bathroom, kitchen).
- For safety reasons, please don't leave bedding, towels, or clothing touching electric baseboard heaters.
- Quiet, considerate guests appreciated.
I'm a retired seeker of truth and wisdom, companion to Trinity (older dog) and Niko (cat). Mottoes: "Take risks, make mistakes" and "Nothing changes if nothing changes." Also: reader, gardener, thinker, activist, yet one who appreciates music and movies as well as quiet and solitude, plus good restaurants, bookstores, and easy walking trails with good views. I'm an Ohio native who lived in California for 25 years and NYC twice (plus several other states and cities) before moving to Port Angeles in 2015. I've explored the most popular tourist destinations, tried pretty much all restaurants, and am glad to share what I've learned so far and recommend.