Unk's House is your Filipino Experience:
Hidden away off the road & less than 10 minutes to Alona Beach, bars, restaurants & tourist hotspots. Great for couples, singles, families with kids & small groups.
This is our home, you are our guests. We live in the 4th Bedroom and will look after you while you stay. Please be aware we have 3 rooms for you to choose from. Your home away from home. It simple, clean & homely.
We are happy to meet you!
- Our family live in the house permanently. You will be sharing the house with them. Please show them respect. If you need anything just ask.
- No shoes in the house
- Be quiet and respectful to Lorena and our family as well as our valued guests
- No parties and no noise after 10pm
- Will require copy of travel itinerary and flight details on check in
- front door is locked at 10 pm. If you require entry after this time please organise with Lorena ahead of time. You won't be getting a key as people lose them!
- every room has a key, so you can lock it and go out. There is a manager there all day
- if your are drunk, abusive to, aggressive to, or assault, guests or staff, the barangay captain of police will be called. No exceptions.
- We don't mind if you have visitors to the house, but if they stay the night you need to pay $10 usd per visitor. No exceptions.
- Have a great time!
I met Emma in 2010 and we started a wonderful romance. She introduced me to the Philippines soon after. I instantly found a peaceful and relaxed way of life I could connect with. We are fun and a little crazy sometimes and love our trips back to the Philippines. We married in 2013 and spent our honeymoon in the Philippines helping people after Yolanda. We are happy, healthy and enjoy our lives together.
Last year we had the opportunity to buy this little house in Panglao. We spent a lot of time and local help to get it to a place we thought was homely, comfortable and just for us. My Uncle, Emil, helped us buy the house, we couldn't have done it without him. He actually had the chance to visit the house recently and loved it. He passed away soon after.
This house is our home and his legacy. We hope you come and enjoy staying with us. Lorena, our Niece, is a permanent resident there and will look after you throughout. She is an amazing friend and we couldn't ask for a better caretaker. Just ask and she will do her best to help you. It's just a simple house. Best thing is the location; close enough to walk and far enough away to be quiet and peaceful.
We have a lovely house in Philippines and are happy to share it with you!