Take a beautiful walk over Pepin Island and enjoy the phenomenal scenery of Cable Bay and Tasman bay along the way. Nestled amongst native kanuka and coastal New Zealand bush, situated on a cliff is Rocky Point Hut. Stay a night or so in the beautiful and private hut with a comfortable wood interior and take in all the incredible views. Spend your time relaxing and treat yourself in the hot outdoor bath with a panoramic view over the Abel Tasman ocean. The perfect setting for a romantic retreat.
- Double bed
- Hot water bath with an ocean view
- BBQ and gas cooker
- Powered chilly bin
- Outdoor seating areas
- Medium-hard walk 1-2 hours
- Adults only
- Sleeps two
- Supply your own food - however with further costs and advanced notice we can do a grocery order if desired.
There is no access to the beach at this hut and so we have an option mentioned below so you are able to circuit the Island and enjoy the beach.
Recommended weekend holiday:
Island adventure - one night stay in Passage hut (check for other listing under 'Pepin Island coastal walk, private beach hut stay'), one night stay in Rocky Point. Includes whole circuit around Island.
Self-catered $290 for 2 adults for 2 nights.
Grocery delivery will be the receipt amount of what is requested and an additional cost of $30 for the service.
Farm tour package includes:
- Dog demonstration in mustering sheep
- Sheep shearing
- Morning tea
- Price on enquiry
If you want another option, check for listing under 'Gorgeous Island walk, hut for families'. This hut features access to a fishing rock, single bunk bed for two kids and a pull out sofa, and hot water shower.
If you want a lift to the huts instead of walking over or if you want your gear taken over, it will be an extra cost.
A certain degree of fitness is required as there are very steep hills.
Please message in what you would like and we'll make it work for you!
We have 3 huts on the Island and they all are very private and in significant distance apart from one another. We ask that you do not explore more of the Island than what is mentioned on the map for the sake of other guests privacy in the other huts. Further explanation will be provided on arrival.
Just another reminder, that it is approximately a 90 min walk with a few steep hills.
You must bring:
- Appropriate footwear
- Food unless you've chosen to have groceries delivered
- Personal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Rain jacket
*Huts are closed from 1st April - 31st October due to cold weather and lambing season.
- All farm gates must be left as found
- Farm safety briefing before departure
- No littering on farm, please put rubbish in bin provided in the hut and tie bag before departing. Recycling needs to be kept separate to the rubbish please.
- Message in what you would like as there are different costs for different preferences
- Smoking has danger hazards around huts and in summer time
- No open fires