Our Wooden Lodge is in Dimmingsdale woodland it has beautiful views and is very peaceful. Listen to the owls hooting as you lie in bed. The Lodge is walkable distance to Alton Towers, Churnet Bouldering, Staffordshire and Sabrina way and 5 pubs serving food in Alton. Surrounded by woodland you can explore the forest tracks. Our place is a real retreat, and you feel like you have completely escaped. Couples, solo adventurers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets) are welcome.
The lodge is luxury glamping and has 1 bedroom and 1 shower room and 1 kitchen lounge area with a ladder to the second sleeping area. The Lodge is best suited to 2 adults or 2 adults with their 2 children because the second bed is up the ladder in the eaves and is off the lounge. It like a large bunk bed, so adults might find it a bit cramped sleeping up there.
Parking is on the farm drive and then a short walk across the field to the lodge.
We live in the house next door to the lodge, we are on hand if you need anything. We can provide breakfast and dinner on request for an extra charge, advance booking only.
Because our lodge is on a farm, we recommend bring wellies for walking from your car to the lodge because in the winter the grass can get muddy. A head torch to get to the lodge is also a must.
We also have grazing and stables for guests to bring there own horses and ride the beautiful trails. Ask Sally about guiding if you are interested in a riding holiday over the Peak District.
- Please have a lovely relaxing stay.
- Dogs -we charge an extra cleaning fee of £12 and please all dogs must be kept on a lead on the farm.
- Must not be left unaccompanied unless in a dog crate.
- No outdoor shoes or muddy dogs in the lodge.
- Dogs must stay off soft furnishing and bedding.
- Please treat our lodge with respect and leave it clean and tidy and as you found it. Please wash up after you and clean the BBQ if you use it.
- Please do not feed our animals or let our dogs follow you on walks.
- This is a tranquil place so please keep noise down to a minimum so as not to disturb other guests.
- Please do not use the small logs provided for the log burner in the fire pit.
- Please do not flush any sanitary wear or anything other than toilet paper in our septic tank.
Please do not take bedding or cushions outside.
Enjoy our piece of heaven. Relax and enjoy your stay Thanks Sally and Andy xx
Married to Andy and has 3 lovely daughters, loves horses , country living and holidaying in croatia. We have lived at our small holding for 17 years and lovingly look after our 4 horses, 5 sheep, 3 dogs and 7 chickens. We are all mad about the countryside and love going on long distance horse rides , staying in bed and breakfast and pubs as a family over the Peak District which is on our doorstep. When we are not at home we are enjoying our holiday home in Croatia, where we soak up the sun and enjoy spending time with the fabulous Croatian people and drinking the top class wine. Andy my husband was a fireman for 30 years and my 3 daughters are at school, and university.