Secluded, spacious, and bright home in Encinitas, CA, perfect for your vacation getaway. Get comfortable in the living room next to the fireplace, relax and watch TV in the family room, and enjoy the expansive and lush backyard with grass areas for sports, a hot tub, and multiple areas to eat or lounge about. Paradise! The beach is walkable from the house (~ 1 mile). You are also close to amazing restaurants, an urban winery, and coffee shops. 4 bedrooms/2 baths upstairs; 1/2 bath downstairs.
This house is owned by the William Male Foundation. William "Bill" Male was my class adviser in high school, and he became my friend and mentor in the years since. Bill established his foundation in 2004 to give grants and scholarships to people who were interested in pursuing a career in the arts. He had a passion for the arts and wanted to help support the growth of the arts in our world. When he passed away in 2015, he wanted the foundation to live on and continue to support emerging artists. The income from this house goes towards grants for new artists twice a year.
Guests have access to the whole house and grounds, including the garage for laundry and parking. Please note, we have two security cameras installed outside the house.
We respect our guests' privacy, and we only interact with guests on an as-needed basis. If you have any questions during your stay, feel free to contact me.
When you book this house, you are agreeing to the following house rules:
1. No smoking, no drugs, no parties.
2. Any visitors other than those in the reservation must be approved in advance by the owner. Guests in excess of the number in the reservation may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the guest named in the reservation.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please treat the home with respect, as if it were your own.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Pets are NOT allowed.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not recommended. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please only use designated beach towels for the beach. We do not permit towels or linens to be permanently taken from the house when you check out.
10. Trash Disposal Requirements: Please dispose of trash in garbage bags and leave full garbage bags in the grey garbage bin in the garage. Recycling should be placed in the blue recycling bin in the garage. The trash and recycling bins are kept in the garage to avoid attracting unwanted four-legged friends. A pamphlet on trash disposal will be provided for you, per the requirement of the City of Encinitas. Trash pick up is on Mondays. Empty trash bins should be taken back into the garage by the end of the day on Monday.
11. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
12. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 13 permitted in the hot tub at any time without adult supervision. No children under the age of five permitted in the hot tub at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER. Hot tub cover is for insulation purposes and not designed to support a person or persons. It will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
13. Fireplace: Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
14. Water and Plumbing: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogged the plumbing system, you could be charged damages up to the full amount of necessary repairs.
15. Natural Disasters: In the event of a natural disaster, no refunds will be given unless a mandatory evacuation order has been issued for the area.
16. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
I love to travel and see the world. I love meeting people from all different backgrounds with their own unique stories to share. I enjoy going to art museums, reading (I'm always seeking out new book clubs to join), going to the movies, trying out new coffee shops, and eating good food (dessert is always a must).