Aloha and welcome to Surf Temple cottage! Located on exciting and beautiful Ali'i drive in Kona Hawaii, Surf Temple is a authentic but thoroughly modern Hawaiian cottage with perfect access to surfing, snorkeling, diving, and remarkable sunset views.
Enjoy this two bedroom home across the street from the beach featuring:
- A main house with king bed, new well-stocked kitchen with granite counters, & upgraded master bath
- A second, smaller guest house featuring a queen bed, its own entrance, bath, private lanai and kitchen
- Enormous outdoor living lanais with overhead fans
- 2 car carport and extra parking in driveway
- Outdoor shower and outdoor hamock
- Natural stone walls accent this home
- Modern decor featuring mid-century furniture and Bali-inspired art pieces
- Samsung bluetooth speaker
- Internet connected LG Ultra HD SmartTV
- Located just .3 miles from Kahaluu Bay, guests have access to world-class snorkeling, SUP and surfing
- On-site laundry facilities
- Pack n Play crib
Kailua-Kona is a quaint town on the west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. With bustling shops, fun activities, and year-around sunshine this is the perfect place to come and enjoy a relaxing vacation.
Kona is world famous for its gin-clear deep-blue waters. Kona means "lee" in Hawaiian and the region enjoys a dry, sunny climate with limited run off creating rich reefs and amazing visibility. We have some of the best diving and snorkeling in Hawaii right off our shores and steps from Surf Temple.
Proximity to Airports:
Surf Temple is just twenty minutes from Kona (KOA) Airport and 1.5 hours from Hilo Airport (ITO). Even though Kona Airport is a small, it enjoys excellent service from the mainland including nonstop flights from Denver, San Francisco, and even Tokyo.
Car Rental: while a car is not strictly necessary, we recommend renting a vehicle at the airport upon arrival. The Big Island is huge with many places to see and without a car you will miss out on great opportunities to tour the island.
After collecting your bags, walk across to the median to catch a shuttle to the car rental area. Because Kona is such a popular destination it is recommended to reserve well ahead of time to ensure availability.
A Jeep or pickup can be particularly fun and good for toting boogie boards, scuba gear, and outdoor toys as well as allowing access to some of the islands more rugged areas.
We appreciate your consideration knowing this is our home. When in doubt, simply ask if you would do this in your friend’s home!
Check-in: Check in is at 4 PM and if you prefer an earlier time, please let us know. If our cleaning team cannot accommodate an earlier time, we will let you know. Check-out is at 11 AM and again, if you would like to stay longer, we will accommodate as best as possible.
Guests: The confirmed number of guests are allowed on the property and if you would like to add to your party of 4, we will do our best to accommodate this request.
Shoes: We prefer a shoe-free home to limit sand and critters. Feel free to use the shoe basket in the main house and Ohana.
Spills: Please clean any spills immediately. Food and drink should be enjoyed on the lanai and at the tables and chairs provided, not on furniture. If a spill remains, let us know.
Couches: Please respect the furniture in the living room and avoid sitting on couches in wet swimsuits or eating meals and snacks on this couch - mahalo.
Sand: Please use the foot bath or the hoses to rinse your legs and feet of sand.
Toilets: Our island toilets are sensitive; please only flush toilet paper down the drain.
Energy Usage: Please turn off all lights and fans if you are not in the room.
Smoking: No smoking at Surf Temple.
Trash: Trash is collected every Monday around 9AM. On Sunday, please place the blue trash bins out onto street. Please bring the trash bins into the driveway Monday afternoon.
Pets: Surf Temple is a pet-free cottage; if you want to bring an animal please let us know and we will accommodate your request as best as possible.
Checkout Procedures: Checkout is at 11AM, and if you plan to check out early or late, please let us know. With the short period of time we may have to prepare our house for the next guests, please:
- Wash and dry most of the towels. You do not have to fold.
- If you can start the bed linens this is helpful -- again, no need to fold.
- Please take out the trash to the blue bins
- Please load and turn the dishwasher on normal wash
- Please turn off all lights and fans.
* Importantly, be sure to leave the keys in the lockbox! A $75 charge may apply if you take the key. This charge covers a replacement within hours of the guests arriving.
We want to thank you in advance for your attention to our house rules.
We look forward to connecting and hope you have a wonderful stay!
We are avid ocean enthusiasts and you will find us travelling as much as we can to SCUBA and snorkel sites. We have wonderful kids who share our passion for the ocean. When we are landlocked in Colorado, you may find us at concerts, enjoying good food, and spending time hiking, biking or skate skiing in the mountains.