Charming cedar loft cottage with an updated modern interior.
Located just over a 2 hour drive from Toronto and under 10 kilometres from the cozy Kawartha Lakes community of Coboconk. Local amenities include a full service grocery store, liquor store, beer store, hardware store, pharmacy, marina and local bakeries, restaurants, and antique market. During the summer weekends there is a farmer's stand in town with local seasonal fruit and vegetables.
The main cottage includes three bedrooms and five beds. Additional space is available in the bunkie building which includes a set of bunkbeds and a double pull-out couch.
Our cottage boasts 60 feet of waterfront on a limestone basin river located at the mouth of Shadow Lake. There are no weeds in swimming areas. Good fishing for bass, muskie and pan fish. A paddle-boat is available for our guest's use. For guests with their own boat, there is a public boat launch on the lake and our dock provides ample mooring and easy access.
Fully updated large kitchen with all dishes, glasses, pots, pans, small appliances and utensils. Dish cloths and hand towels provided. Updated washroom with claw-foot tub. Propane BBQ; dining area on large cedar deck; fire pit; some life jackets (we cannot guarantee size or availability); some fishing rods (please note that a fishing license is required in Ontario and can be purchased at the variety store in town); some water shoes (mixed sizes from toddler to adult); large docks; some river floating tubes; one bundle of firewood for the fire pit is included and other bundles available for $10/bundle.
We are next door in our family's main cottage to welcome our guests and to provide support when necessary.
Favorite activities during the summer are: floating down river on tubes; swimming in the clear, warm water; fishing; boating; enjoying lazy days in the sun and campfires in the evening to roast marshmallows and tell the occasional ghost story.
This is our family's cottage and we ask that you treat it as you would your own.
1. No smoking in-doors and no cigarette butts on the property.
2. No parties or events.
3. Noise must be kept minimal before 9:00 am and after 11:00 pm. (Neighbouring properties are close-by and sound travels over water. )
4. No paper products in the toilet. All paper must be disposed of in the receptacle provided.
5. No pets on furniture or beds.
6. Number of guests will not exceed the reservation approval unless approved by the Owners.
7. Use of WiFi is for legal purposes only and guests must commit to not using it for illegal uploading, downloading, or other illegal activities.
- Potable water is provided for cooking but drinking water must be supplied by guests.
- Our cottage is located on a hill with approximately 40 open stairs to the lake. Diligent care with all children and the elderly must be taken. Guests are responsible for their own safety.
- Guests are to supply their own bed sheets, towels and consumable items such as paper towel, serviettes and toilet paper. Bed linens and/or towels can be supplied upon request for an additional fee.
- Fires only in fire pit.
- No fires when fire ban is in place.
Be safe in the water. Use appropriate PFDs and practice safe boating. Guests assume full responsibility for safe and appropriate use of water and facilities.
We always ensure that the cottage is very clean for our guests. Please clean up at the end of your stay and leave the cottage in the same condition as it was upon you arrival.
从2018年6月01日 - 2018年8月31日起最少住宿5晚。