Scion Hill Gate Lodge is 5* accomodation situated at the top of a long tree lined avenue leading to the Gentlemans Residence, Scion Hill. Built in 1840 for George Waugh a JP it served as a Porters Lodge for the main house. It is a listed building.
The Gatelodge has a private entrance and parking to one side.
In 2010, Scion Hills Owners, David amd Esther Ervin decided it was time to restore it and offer it as Self Catering Accomodation. They have done this by completely renovating the original building while adding an extensive new wing. This means that although the Gatelodge retains many of its original features, including High Ceilings, it also provides all those Modern Luxuries we have come to expect.
The accommodation is all on one level so there are no steps or trip hazards to negotiate.