Loon Sound Cottage, on beautiful Toddy Pond in Surry, is centrally located between Bar Harbor/Acadia & Blue Hill Peninsula. Come and enjoy the peace and tranquility of Maine while being just minutes away from the top site seeing spot! A great place!
Renters agree to abide by the following Rental Rules while at the property:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the cottage. We prefer no smoking on the property as a whole.
2. People other than disclosed Guests may not stay overnight in the property unless approved by owner. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Any equipment (including but not limited to: boats and life preservers), borrowed from the rental property is used at the renter’s own risk.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed. If you have a service animal please contact the owner.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to ___2____ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in front of the cottage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Sheets and towels are provided. We encourage guests to bring their own beach towels.
9. Water and Septic: The cottage is on a well and septic systems. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. Weather: No refunds will be given for storms or inclement weather. The summer months in Maine are usually comfortable and lovely, but can range from balmy to chilly at times. We encourage guests to pack for all weather conditions.
11. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
Indemnity Clause: The Renter covenants with the Homeowner to indemnify the Homeowner in respect of all liabilities, fines, suits, claims, demands and actions of any kind for which the Homeowner may become liable by reason of breach or nonperformance by the Renter of any covenant, agreement or proviso of this Lease, or reason of an act or default by the Renter or member of his or her family, household or guests. This indemnity shall, where the breach, nonperformance, damage to property, personal injury or death occurs during the term of this Lease, survive termination of this.
Rob is a retired professor from Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine. Rob is very handy and enjoys puttering in his shop. I am a nurse, I work in the HomeHealth/Hospice field. Rob and I met while serving on the Maine Maritime Academy Ship. I was the ship's nurse and Rob was the Machine Tool Technology Instructor. We are an outdoor couple that likes to hike, kayak and go canoeing. We live close to Acadia National Park and enjoy providing travel ideas for our guests. We are both well traveled and enjoy hosting other travelers. Our goal is to be sure you enjoy your stay at Loon Sound Cottage.