This 600-sq-foot studio sits on a secluded, private 2/3-acre lot on the east bench uplands of Salt Lake City. Five minutes to foothills/mountains, University of Utah, and the freeway system that gets you to the ski areas; 10-15 minutes to downtown. Check out our (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) listing (#493553) for more photos and reviews.
The unique architectural design of our studio, sitting as it is in a shaded 'rural-like' yet urban setting, lends itself to extended periods of contemplation and creative thoughtfulness, and our guests often find themselves just relaxing here rather than leaving to meet friends for skiing or hiking!
The owners have lived in Salt Lake City for over thirty years, and have traveled, skied, hiked, packed, and backpacked all over the American West, its national forests and national parks. We maintain an extensive library and map collection covering local, U.S., and Western U.S. topics, and would be happy to help you formulate and fine-tune your travel plans while in this area.
STUDIO RENTAL RULES
1. Smoking is allowed outside only. This applies to all guests and their invitees. The term “Smoking” means inhaling, burning, or carrying any lighted cigar, cigarette, or other tobacco product in any manner or any form. Ash trays are provided for out-of-doors use. They should be emptied in the trash container located off the northwest corner of the studio.
2. The use of candles, incense, volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea, “essential oils,” phytochemicals, concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds, and or their diffusion by electronic or mechanical, or manual means inside the studio is prohibited, and any damage from their use will be the responsibility of the Guest.
3. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person invited by the Guest on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur to the Guest(s) or to their invitees while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest(s) or their invitees. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests and their invitees are expressly assuming the risk of any harm or loss arising from or during their use of the premises.
5. Guests and their invitees agree to keep the property and all furnishings in good order, Guests shall make no alterations to the premises. They shall not change or install locks, paint, or wallpaper the premises, or attach signs, posters, or pictures to the walls or doors. In the event of any spills or damage to walls, carpeting, woodwork, furniture, bedding, linens, or furnishings, the Guest must notify Homeowners immediately. Guests must maintain premises in a clean and sanitary manner. This includes, but is not limited to, washing and drying dishes used, cleaning and wiping surfaces and sinks, stove, and refrigerator, walls, and floor, if necessary.
6. Neither the Guests nor their invitees or visitors shall at any time bring into or keep upon the premises any flammable, combustable, or explosive fluid, material, chemical, or substance.
7. Guests will use appliances and plumbing only for their intended uses.
8. Profane, obscene, loud, or boisterous language, or unseemly behavior and conduct are prohibited. Guests shall conduct themselves, and require their invitees or persons on the premises with their consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that does not unreasonably disturb the Homeowners or their neighbors, or that constitutes a breach of the peace. They shall not make or permit any disturbing noises, nor permit any such that will interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of Homeowners or their neighbors. Guests shall not play or allowed to be played any music on the premises of it disturbs or annoys Homeowners or their neighbors.
9. No garbage or other refuse shall be allowed to accumulate on the premises for extended periods of time. All garbage and refuse shall be disposed of in a timely manner in places provided by the Homeowner. There are garbage and recycling containers in the kitchen closet. Full garbage bags should be disposed of in the covered trash can outside, off the northwest corner of the studio. Extra garbage bags are in the kitchen closet. When the recycling or glass containers (the latter located on the porch) are full they should be placed on the back porch of the Homeowners for processing, after which they will be returned to the porch of the studio.
10. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
11. PARKING is limited to 2 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only (east driveway). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Cars should be locked when left unattended. Homeowner is not responsible for any loss of car or its contents due to negligence, vandalism, theft, or natural causes while Guest’s car is on Homeowner’s property.
12. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Stains and/or damage from cosmetics, food, or articles listed in paragraph 2, above, are the responsibility of the Guest.
13. HOT TUB: NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN (16) ARE PERMITTED IN THE HOT TUB AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION, AND NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF FIVE (5) ARE PERMITTED IN THE HOT TUB UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. We drain, sanitize, and refill the hot tub on a regular basis, and replenish chemicals in the tub prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND OR SIT ON THE HOT TUB COVER. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember, when not using the hot tub, leave the cover on so the hot tub will stay warm. NO GLASS IS ALLOWED ON, IN, OR NEAR THE HOT TUB. Plastic drinking glasses are supplied in the studio.