My place is close to Park Place Mall and is good for couples & solo adventurers.
Let me know what time you are checking in! I try to be as flexible as possible. Please note that I only give a key to guests staying more than one night.
*Im always stocked with oatmeal and coffee
The house has tile flooring in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room, carpet throughout the rest of the house. The tile is cold in the winter. Be sure to bring your slippers or some warm socks.
Park your car in the front, on the gravel to the left of the carport. I have a motion sensor light that reaches that area. If you do park on the street, please leave the mailbox clear and be advised that the lights do not reach out that far. Please do not park in the carport or behind my car.
I do have a home security system. Please let me know if you're checking in earlier then planned so I can disable it. I also have security cameras facing the front of my property. This is for my safety and your own. I live in a safe neighborhood but feel at ease having this in place.
You'll have full access to the kitchen. I always have the top shelf of the fridge cleared out for guests. I am regularly stocked with bottled water, coffee and oatmeal. Feel free to use the kitchen to make any of your meals. I simply ask you tidy up any mess made.
The living room has a big tv to watch dvds and netflix. There is also a little tv in the room that has access to both.
While you DO have access to these areas of the house, I do not allow guests to sleep on the couch or living room floor. If you are not comfortable sharing the bed with your traveling partner, this is not the house for you. Please do not request for these arrangements to be made.
I DO NOT allow guests access to my bedroom, office (the far room off of the kitchen) or the backyard (simply because the only access is off of my private office). I appreciate your understanding of these private areas and your compliance.
I'm happy to chat or leave you to your privacy.
I have a 5 year old niece and a 10 year old nephew that visits for an hour or so each week. We normally just play outside or watch a movie in my room. When they visit, it is brief and we keep to ourselves.
On days my work exceeds 8 hours, I have my mom come by to give my dog some attention so they're not alone/outside all day.
Please be aware that I have one loving but protective dog. She may bark upon your arrival.
I am an early riser. I get up around 6am most days. I'm fairly quiet when getting ready throughout the week. On the weekends I will keep myself occupied quietly until 9:30am since I know most people would like to sleep in.
Please be advised that one Saturday each month I have gardeners come around 7am. They will rake and do quiet tasks until about 9. After 9 they may use leaf blowers, weed cutters, or other semi-loud equipment.
I will let you know if this lands on your weekend.
- Only smoking outside is allowed. Please do not bring the ashes or buds inside the house after.
-Do not bring any animals.
- Home is not equipped for children.
-Check in is available from 5-9PM. Please let me know what time you'll be arriving so I can schedule my evening errands around your check in.
- Check out is needed by 10am.
- I am sometimes on call during the night. Please do not block my car in. You are allowed to park to the left of the carport on the gravel or on the street.
- You're more then welcome to adjust the thermostat when you're in the house but I ask that you turn the heater/air off once you leave. It's expensive to run the unit in this old house and it's a waste to have it running when nobody is home. I also ask that you turn lights off once you leave the house.
- If you leave anything behind, please contact me as soon as you realize. I will find a way to get it to you. I do donate the items after a month.
- I DO NOT allow guests access to my bedroom, office (the far room off of the kitchen) or the backyard (simply because the only access is off of my private office). I appreciate your understanding of these private areas and your compliance.
-I do not allow guests to sleep on the couch or on the living room floor. If you are not comfortable sharing the same bed with your traveling companion, this is not the house for you. Please do not request special sleeping requirements once you arrive.