Welcome to Brooklyn!
Live in this spacious, tranquil one bedroom in one of the most local neighborhoods of Brooklyn. A private, peaceful and affordable place to rest so you can reserve your energy and money for your big NYC adventures.
My apartment on the 4th floor of a low rise walk up building, so daily exercise is included as a listing perk. :) It is walking distance to most conveniences expected of a local neighborhood. Bensonhurst is traditionally an Italian American neighborhood and that still shows today. A quick walk around and you'll still find older Italians enjoying coffee at a cafe and having a chat. Today, Bensonhurst has a huge Chinese community.
The best way to get to the apartment from JFK and LGA is by cab (~$60 by regular cab and Uber / ~$40-50 with with Uber pool) . If you have access to wifi or data on your phone, definitely try to request an Uber pool to save a little bit of $!
From Port Authority bus terminal, it is about an hour's commute by subway via the A,C,E then transfer to the D subway lines.
Both airports are about 30-35 minutes by car assuming there is no traffic.
Starbucks, supermarkets, and banks are easily accessible along with lots of restaurants including a new ramen shop, shabu shabu, sushi, vietnamese. If you're feeling something different, you can always take a quick walk over to Europa cafe to try some amazing Italian American food or one of their many specialty pizzas. For late nights, there's a taco truck too. For those who like sweets, we're a 10 minute walk to one of the most famous Italian bakeries in Brooklyn - Villabate. If you get tired of what's around here, you can take a quick uber pool ride ($8) to Bay Ridge to check out some of the restaurants and bars over there.
What you can expect:
* Queen sized private bedroom
* Heating & AC
* Fresh Linens
* Fresh Towels
* Free Toiletries
* Free Wi-Fi
* an mini ipad for you to do research or watch movies
* Free coffee & Tea & water
I usually drink almond milk, so unless otherwise requested, you'll have to take your coffee or tea with almond milk. :)
* Laundry on site - $5 laundry Credit
The bed is a queen sized bed. If you need to fit a 3rd person, I'm happy to provide a blow up mattress at an extra cost. Free parking on the street. I love to snack, so you'll always find cookies and things in my home. Feel free to dig in. :)
Guests can access the shared bathroom and prepare meals in the kitchen.
I'm pretty active an have many activities outside of home, so I'm not home very often. When I am, you can be sure that it'll be a comfortable and friendly environment. My number one goal is to ensure my guests enjoy their stay and have a good time. I'm a huge foodie and a native New Yorker/Brooklynite. I'm happy to give suggestions or recommendations on where to go, offer advice on directions etc. I'm ALWAYS on my phone, so feel free to take down my number in case you ever need help getting around NYC. I'll be sure to answer.
More likely than not, I'll be home or will be popping in during your visit. I'll have nights where I go home to see my family, so I won't be around. Sometimes, I will have guests visiting.
Things always vary and this is a shared-space situation, but your privacy will ALWAYS be respected. I will give you a key for your door, so you'll have some peace of mind. I'm an avid traveler and love meeting new people, so I hope you make this experience enjoyable for me too. :P
- Please be polite and clean up after yourself- Tidiness is a must especially in the bathroom and kitchen. You're free to use anything in the kitchen, just please respect the space and clean up after you're done.
*** Please be sure to remove your hair from the drain after you shower.
*** Please close the shower curtains when you're done showering
*** Please close the toilet bowl cover (I'm super clumsy and drop things all the time)
- No shoes in the apartment. You'll see that I leave all of my shoes in the hallway. There's a bench in the entryway for you to comfortably take your shoes off.
- Apologies, my smoking friends, you'll have to go outside of the building to smoke.
- Souvenirs from other countries (ESPECIALLY FOOD) are accepted! :)
- No walking around naked, thanks!
- NO booty calls. If you have someone here to give you a booty call, chances are they have a home here in NYC. Go there.
- NO overnight guests.
- Quiet after midnight: I have a very active schedule and need as much sleep as I can get. I'm also a very sensitive sleeper, so please do your best to be quiet.
- If you're going to eat in the room, please don't eat in the bed. You can also eat in the kitchen. That's what it's for.
Other than that, please enjoy yourself, NYC and your stay in my humble little apartment!
Hi! My name is Medelene. I'm a native Brooklynite, New Yorker. I'm a lover of astrology, food, fitness, outdoorsy activities and traveling! I've love meeting new people and having a great conversation. I'm pretty easy going, unless I'm hungry.