Ask about our weekly discounts!
With beautiful isolated beaches, marvelous salt water fishing and unforgettable sunsets, our Casa del Sol is located in the premier spot adjacent to Azul Ocean Club. Casa del Sol is on the beach with large open living, dining, and kitchen areas and stunning views of the Pacific.
Please read carefully to avoid extra fees!
1. All of Guanacaste is in a severe drought. Please conserve water as you are able.
2. If you are using the air conditioners, please make sure that all of the doors and windows are closed; the A/C units are more efficient that way. They are designed to cool quickly so there is no need to run them while you are away from the Casa. With the humidity, the optimal performance of these units starts above 22-25 degrees Celsius (70-75 Fahrenheit). At any temperatures lower, the humidity will decrease the efficiency.
Note: We will take a meter reading when you check in and when you check out. We reserve the right to charge for excessive use of electricity. This overage only happens when folks leave the A/C units on when they are away from the Casa. Help us conserve energy!
3. Your housekeeper will be available three times during the week of your stay. If you have a problem communicating with her, just walk with her across the street to the reception office and anyone can translate for you. If you wish for housekeeping daily, we can provide that for a nominal fee. Note: We will impose a $75 cleaning fee is you leave the Casa excessively dirty.
4. Beach towels are available in the laundry room on the ground floor. Please do not take the bath towels to the pool or the beach.
5. Feel free to use the laundry for your personal items. You can purchase laundry detergent in Santa Cruz on your way in, or at the store in San Juanillo 10 minutes from the house.
6. A built-in water purifier is in located in the refrigerator so you will have fresh, purified water in the door of the refrigerator/freezer.
7. No smoking. Casa del Sol is a smoke-free house, but if you smoke, the monkeys out back would love the company. They will even talk to you.
8. We are in the jungle so ants can be a problem – and they appear fast. To keep those pesky little creatures from taking over, please clean the counters and tables when you are finished preparing and eating food, and clean any food off the floors. Keeping all food put away is best.
9. Across the street, Azul Ocean Club offers an infinity pool, gym, kayaking and bicycles all available for a minimal consumption fee at their two incredible restaurants. Contact the reception desk across the street for arrangements.
10. Wi-Fi and local phone calls are available for your use.
11. Please always lock the Casa when you are away even just a quick trip to the beach. Wood dowels are on all sliding doors and windows to secure those. Please help us keep your things and the Casa secure.
12. If there is problem with anything in the Casa, please let our maid know and she will contact us.
We hope you have a wonderful time and love Costa Rica as much as we do!