Unique for Bermuda, this is a spacious townhouse on four floors, private garden estate in Warwick. Harbour views, outdoor seating and dining with barbecue. With three double bedrooms it is perfect for four guests but will accommodate up to 6 people sharing. Fully equipped kitchen with large dining space and separate living room with adjoining bar area. On bus route and walking distance to the ferry. Approximately a 10 minute drive to both Hamilton City centre and South Shore beaches.
The master bedroom with king bed and bathroom en-suite is down one flight of stairs on the lower level. The other two bedrooms are on the fourth floor and share a full bathroom. The larger bedroom has twin beds that can be put together as a king. The smaller room has a queen bed and is ideal for a couple or single. The townhouse is attached to the main dwelling "Old Walls", an historic Bermuda farmhouse dating back to the late eighteenth century and situated on a two acre garden estate. Guests are welcome to explore the garden areas.
Guests have a private covered outside sitting and dining area with Barbecue and open lawn.
We are contactable throughout your stay.
We have a friendly dog, golden retriever, who wanders the estate.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the premises. Smoking is allowed outside only provided an ash tray is used and cigarette butts are disposed of securely.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guests named in the rental agreement. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbours. Code-enforced neighbourhood quiet hours are from 10:00PM – 8:00AM.
4. “Old Walls Mews” is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Guests shall keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Guests should only use appliances for their intended uses
7. PETS are only permitted in special circumstances with prior approval and a Pet Addendum must be completed.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels, or we can provide them. We do not permit regular towels or linens to be taken from the premises.
9. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located at the side of the house.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is ornamental and non-vented , suitable only for a candle
11. Water and Septic: The Property, like most Bermuda properties, has its own water tank and septic systems. During a drought, the water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than human waste and toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages to correct the system.
12. Storms and hurricanes:
If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The Bermuda authorities issue warning of a named tropical storm or hurricane expected to severely impact the Island, and
• A decision has been taken to close the Bermuda International Airport.
• The day that the authorities advise the intention to close the airport due to a named storm or hurricane warning, the Homeowner will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the hurricane warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “hurricane warning" period.