Gum Tree Farmstay B&B is set on a 200 acre working farm. We run cattle for beef as well some sheep. We also rear calves from mid August to early October.
Our farmstay is located less than 10 minutes drive to Oamaru and the Blue Penguin Colony.
- Most importantly is to enjoy your stay here.
- Farm Tour to feed the animals is only available in the afternoon between 3 & 5pm. During the peak season we are far too busy to do this in the mornings.
- Our kitchen is not available for guests to cook in however there is an outdoor gas BBQ.
- Check in is between 3 & 6pm, check out 10am the following morning.
- No excessive noise. Please respect others who may be sleeping. No smoking either inside or on the farm.
Our family is a blend of Kiwi and Aussie. We've been hosting guests from around the world for almost 4 years.
Both my husband and I enjoy the rural lifestyle and hope our 3 school age children will benefit from more of a grass roots upbringing. We are loving our farm life with it's menagerie of crazy animals and enjoy sharing this experience with others.
We both backpacked overseas when younger and also spent a year travelling around Australia in a caravan. We're a fairly easy going family and are passionate about what we do. Interests include gardening, tramping, reading, working (that would be my husband!!), woodwork, cooking.