This is a social enterprise. Hotel Love and Light situated just near the Lakeside, Pokhara. 20% of our profits go to Edventure Nepal Children's Home.
With beautiful view of the Annapurna mountain range from our king-sized beds, our Deluxe rooms offer a haven of peace and serenity. Featuring a panoramic balcony, a new wooden floor, a minibar with fridge, complimentary breakfast and drinks, we also have spacious desks, Bluetooth speakers.
- 1. Check out time is 12 noon. If you check out later than this you'll be charged one more night.
- 2. We will return you the 500Rs key deposit when you return the key at the end of your stay.
- 3. Please minimize noise between 10pm to 7am so everyone has a quiet and peaceful stay.
- 4. If you want us to clean your room during the day, drop your key at reception before you go out to enjoy your day.
- 5. To conserve water we only change your towels if you put them on the floor.
- 6. Please help us to conserve energy by turning off lights that you do not use.
- 7. Our cafe and main door closes at 10pm.
- 8. Safe drinking water machines are located in the ground floor cafe and on the 3rd floor.
Hotel Love and Light is a social enterprise project aiming to self-sustain Edventure Nepal Children's Home and to provide job opportunities to disadvantaged Nepalese people.
Hotel Love and Light is set up by Amrit Tiwari, the chairman of Edventure Nepal and Pink Lee, founder and director of a Hong Kong NGO, Light On Charity.
Edventure Nepal Children's Home, is home to 12 lovely angels. In order to put the children’s home on a secure financial footing, the founder Amrit started the Hotel Love & Light Social Enterprise project. This project gives 20% of its profits to the children’s home.
Pink has always been very supportive to Amrit in bringing resources to the children’s home since 2011. In 2014, she had collaborated with a Hong Kong Charity VolTra in launching a group workcamp volunteering service, named "Love and Light Action - to orphans in Nepal".
The aim of the workcamps is to bring love and light to the children in Nepal, as well as developing deeper bonds between human beings. In addition, providing funding to Edventure Nepal to pay for the children’s needs.
However, the 7.8 mag earthquake stuck Nepal on 25th April, 2015. And the workcamps had been suspended.
Realizing that Edventure Nepal had to discover more ways to self-sustain itself beyond simple donations, the team developed the Hotel Love and Light project. Their aim is to build a sustainable business and make enough profit to donate 20% to Edventure Nepal for the daily operation as well as the children's education.
The Hotel Love and Light project not only aims to sustain Edventure Nepal, it aims to be a role model for Nepalese society by giving employment to socially disadvantaged individuals.
This project would like to be a social enterprise model that remembers social responsibility while making profits. It hopes to ignite qualities of love and light in each individual, thus bringing a positive change to society.
If you would like to make a difference together and volunteer with us, please contact us.