Centrally located on a quiet street, you can enjoy the calm of a neighborhood setting while being a block from downtown charm of Douglas or a short ride the small town bustle of Saugatuck. Enjoy the views of the Kalamazoo River, make a day of it on Lake Michigan’s beach, or spend your day seeing the shops, boutiques, and breweries.
Enjoy Douglas as much as we do!
We live in a very tight-knit neighborhood with great neighbors, so please be courteous about noise for our neighbors. No smoking. No parties.
We like to think of ourselves as green, so please help us to continue to do a small part in saving the planet:
1. Close windows and turn off the air conditioners (in summer) or set the heat back to down to 55 degrees prior to departing (in winter)
2. RECYCLE please! Yellow recycle bags are under the kitchen sink - all recyclable items can be bagged, tied, and left next to the black garbage bin in the back yard.
3. Our house is old. SUPER old. Please make sure all faucets are turned off tight and not dripping prior to departing.
4. If you cook or use the kitchen amenities, please wash the dishes/pots/pans you use, put them put away, and sweep up the kitchen. It's Michigan and we live wooded area - leaving out food attracts ants and other bugs.
5. It's our family's home that we love to share, so please respect it as you would your own family.
For those with children, we do have a baby gate available for your use and have taken some steps to baby proof the cottage since we have a kid of our own. However, not all cabinets are locked and some have cleaning supplies in them that could be hazardous to small children. Please keep this in mind when booking or think about bringing these with you.
Sara is a IT consultant with the brain of an engineer. Rick is a finance guy and musician. Both born and raised in the Chicago area. We love traveling and cooking, and our dog Sammy. We have many hobbies like kayaking, beer making, baking, and drumming. You can often find us partaking in the arts, watching films or going to live concerts. Our ideal travel spot is anywhere were we can experience nature and be active.