The cottage is close to Bowral and Mittagong town centres, restaurants, art and culture, national parks, waterfalls and lookouts.
Our brand new B&B has a lovely bird-filled garden setting, a verandah under the gum trees, comfy beds, a beautiful well-stocked kitchenette, a big TV in a cosy lounge.
Suitable for couples, solo adventurers, business travellers, and families with kids.
PLEASE NOTE: Weekend pricing shows the price for all 3 rooms. Price is to be adjusted if 3 rooms not required.
The cottage contains 2 queen bedrooms with en-suite, with underfloor heating in the bathrooms. There is also a twin room, or King as required. All rooms have reverse cycle air conditioning.
Our little piece of heaven is an acre of what used to be farmland, in the lee of Mt Gibraltar. We are lucky to have some beautiful old gum trees and other natives which attract the birds and sometimes kangaroos.
The cottage is brand new, bright and sparkling clean.
Guests are free to wander or sit amongst the BnB gardens and enjoy afternoon tea or an evening tipple entertained by the abundant bird life.
Host Jenny is ready and willing to help with information about tours of the area, directions to wineries, advice on the best shopping, and all cultural activities around Mittagong and Bowral that may be on during the stay.
GUEST REVIEWS INCLUDE:
•Meredith & Richard R : "Warm and inviting! Thank you."
•Bambi & Tony S: Comfortable, warm, fab breakfast and lovely hosts!"
•Mark & Katie B: "The kids had a wonderful time exploring the garden!"
•Bowral classic attracted some bike riding friends from Sydney: "Very peaceful for a great cycling weekend! Will bring our better halves next time!"
• Pam & Paul, Anthea & Richard: Girls enjoyed the shops! Boys loved the country break.
• Hazel, Anthea, Janne, Andrea, and Louise: Book club friends from Sydney came to enjoy the Sturt night Market - what a treat!
• Nat, Jance, Kerstin and Kati: from Canberra, Campbelltown and Wollongong: "Beautiful house, relaxing and restful, yummy breakfast - thanks"
• Kerry and Steve L, Sydney: "We loved every aspect of laughing Kookaburra Cottage and thank you for your warm welcome. See you again soon!"
• Sarah and Macca from Canberra: :We loved the comfortable, quiet spotless presentation and our gracious hosts!"
• Ros & Mike from Sydney: Beautiful, relaxing break from Sydney.
• Anita & Mike from Jindabyne: Love the cottage, love the wineries, love the birdlife and the relaxing atmosphere.
Be prepared to be amazed at the many and varied activities that are available within a few minutes drive. Award winning restaurants, to die for shopping, multiple fantastic homewares and antique shops, wineries, gorgeous rural landscapes.
We are close to Mittagong Station, so pick-up and drop-off is no problem.
NOTE: prices shown are per room
Guests are requested to keep noise to a minimum when coming and going from the property, as we have a battle axe block and the driveway passes between some houses.