My place is close to Magnolia St's restaurants and dining, the Hospital District, downtown is 2 miles away, the nightlife, and family-friendly activities.You’ll love my place because of the ambiance of the neighborhood, the coziness, the location, and the people. . This historic 94 year old home with its bay windows, wood floors, etc, has the charm of a small cottage away from the madding crowd. This room is good for solo adventurers, and business travelers.
You are getting the middle bedroom with a built-in closet and its private bathroom. Extra mattress may be provided for the other guest. Please confirm before booking.
You have access to the whole house except the other 2 bedrooms where I may have guests staying. Also, the laundry area is off limits.
When my guests arrive, and when they leave. Otherwise, I am always a text message away. If I am out of town, I still stay in touch via text messages.
Not suitable for most pets. If pets are to be brought with the guests, then there WILL BE A SEPARATE FEE for that. Please message to inquire.
No parties or events
Check-in time is 2 PM - 9 PM.
The House has original-to-the-house wooden floors, if there are any spills, stains or scratches to the floors, please understand there will not be a refund of any security deposit, just for the fact that Wood floors are pristine from the 1920's and damaging them is not an option, hence the high deposit. This quality of wood is irreplaceable with the modern available materials. Refinishing is the only option, and it costs at least $4000 to refinish the whole house and match the floors.
1.No gatherings of more than the number of registered guests of the house will be permitted, if you have more than the number of registered guests staying over 1 night, kindly get permission from the host as there will be an additional charge for more than the number of registered guests.
2.Please try to respect the hardwoods and if its raining, remove your wet and/or muddy shoes outside on the front / side porch no exceptions.
3.We have an absolutely strict "no smoking" policy, in conjunction with AirBnb we will charge a $500 cleaning fee due immediately if we find traces of smoking in the house and/or smoking related debris on the deck/yard and any areas of the house and the yards. This policy also includes no smoking of E-Cigarettes inside the walls of the house. However you’re free to smoke outside as long as there is no debris left and fire hazard to the house and neighbors.
4. All furniture, Art, Appliances, cabinets and other objects in the house are to be handled responsibly. Do NOT move the furniture around from the common rooms to your room, nor take cushions from the common areas to be used in your room. While respecting your privacy, we retain the right to inspect the property everyday with cleanup /maintenance crew, or personally, or on regular intervals based upon our property upkeep rules.
5. This is a friendly and quiet neighborhood, be grateful and respectful of others at all times for allowing you to be a part of their neighborhood. No Loud sound equipment.
6. We will try to contact you first before sending anyone to the house for cleaning / Housekeeping, which is usually done every 5th day / Day of check out if less than 5 nights.
If guests are going to stay for more than 5 days, then cleaning fee will be charged every week.
However you are expected to pick up your own trash. If there is more than usual trash accumulated, there are BIG brown(trash) and blue(Recycle) Closed carts. Notify us of BIG city cans, so we can ensure they’re left outside on the curb on Tuesday night for the city to pick up on Wednesday, or you are welcome to do it yourself.
7. Any criminal activity by registered guests or their visitors can and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of law.
8.WiFi: The information is available on the Router settings which is right underneath the TV, and also in the network provided booklet. The information will also be provided by Airbnb to the registered guests upon check-in.
9.For Non Emergency and maintenance issues, email or call, and we will respond back immediately, if not, then latest within 24 hours.
10. For Emergency issues call Ayesha. Kindly note air conditioning / heating is a non-emergency for outside temperatures below 95°F and above 50°F , they will be handled within 24 hours of request. There are 2 bathrooms available in the house, hence if one of the bath is non functional for any which reason, the same 24 Hr rule applies. We will try our best not to prolong the issue, however sometimes circumstances prevent us from being able to cater immediately.
11. Incense burning or burning anything else inside the house and creating any kind of smoke including e-cigarettes is not permitted.
12. Holiday Season: During Christmas, Thanksgiving or Halloween, you may be approached by neighbors/children as a usual cultural Trick or Treating / Caroling. Please be respectful of neighbors although you aren’t obligated to partake.
13. The back part of the house beyond the kitchen, including the 3rd bedroom, and the laundry closet is off-limits to the guests. The dryer in the laundry closet is NOT to be used by the guests. I make it available for guests staying for longer duration - 3 weeks plus ones.
14. Please inform the host of your departure time at least the day before leaving.