Experience 1910 Edwardian architecture, updated with modern kitchen and bath. Unusually large rooms for this time period. Wonderful architectural details: original inlaid hardwood floors, parlor doors, box-beam and coved ceilings. Quality mattresses! Easy walk to Mountain Lake Park, The Presidio and Golden Gate Park. 1Express downtown from the corner. Great casual dining one block away on Clement St--and farmer's market on Saturdays. Great coffee, breakfast at the corner cafe.
In addition to the flat, there is a shared backyard, and parking for one car in the shared garage.
This is a 3-level building, originally built as upscale City flats. Each level has its own entrance door, and this flat truly feels like a home. We're the second floor, the crown jewel of the building --elevated from the street, yet not a two-flight walk up. Please be respectful of neighbors above and below, who are working people we don't want to disturb.
- Quiet after 10pm please in respect of neighbors
- I'm a dog lover. Travel-experienced dogs are welcome with detailed information provided in advance. There is a shared backyard and wonderful dog walking area in Mountain Lake Park. Dogs must be confined to their crate if left alone in the house, not to be left alone more than four hours.
- If you're a TV sports fan, my TV will be a big disappointment to you. Just basic cable channels and an older TV; I only use it for local news :)
- On the bright side, the European-style circulating hot-water heating system is amazing, set on a thermostat to maintain creature comfort day and night.
- Additional guests are not permitted. It's a large bathroom, but four people (two couples) is a full house
- Garage door must be kept closed when not in use
- Pets/dogs may not be left unattended in backyard (in respect of other users of garden space); please clean up after pets right away.
- Strollers, sports equipment (bicycles, golf clubs, etc.) and other large/heavy storage items must be kept in the garage, in our deeded area beside the parking spot.
Napa Valley winemaker happy to share my cute cabin guesthouse in St. Helena and my beautiful San Francisco flat so I can travel to share wine and great meals with my customers, friends and family. The flat is in a wonderful foodie area with beautiful walking options in the local parks to enjoy nature and the De Young, Academy of Sciences, etc in Golden Gate Park. The cute cabin in rural foothills of Napa Valley I share on a short-term basis. It's tiny, sweet, vintage rustic, cozy with a claw-foot tub, porch swing, comfy bed, small kitchen for simple cooking/prep, and convenient to everything. I travel with my dog and will accommodate travelers with well-socialized pets as others have done for me :)