$100 per person/nite. House is ON the Lake, just off our patio and down some sweeping steps to our two docks. Great for boating, fishing, skiing, tubing, swimming. Natural surroundings for hiking, biking, snowmobile and ATV trails, hunting, napping, etc.. You’ll love our creature comforts, all the benefits of a cabin without the roughing it part. Our place is great for couples, families (with kids) and big groups. Fire Pit outside. Sunning Deck on roof.
2 Kayaks available for a fee. Please Ask!
- Smoking Outdoors ONLY
- More than two pets on a case by base basis
- House is NOT Child-Proof so caution with your youngsters must be take.
- Parking for 4 to 6 vehicles
- Pets must be crated at night and their outdoor 'business' disposed of.
MAJOR HOUSE RULES
(Due in part to previous guest’s antics)
1. No Fireworks after 10pm
2. No loud music outside after 10pm
3. Loud music indoors is ok if all windows and doors are shut.
4. No Beer bottles, fireworks, or non-combustibles in firepit. (Firepits are not meant for ‘science experiments’.)
5. Firepit-just because something CAN burn doesn’t mean it should go into firepit.
6. Firepit must be completely out, no embers remaining.
7. If you use our watercrafts or games please return them where you got them.
8. You are NOT allowed to use our chainsaw or axes.
9. Do your dishes.
10. Please use the available cutting boards for food prep and do not cut directly on our countertops.
11. If you spill something on the floor please make an effort to wipe it up.
12. Games and toys are for both our use and your use; please don’t think of them as gifts you can take home.
13. If you leave food and drink thinking we’d appreciate it, sorry but for safety reasons anything left in an opened container by a guest in the food and drink category is thrown out. So please take your opened or partially used food items with you.
14. Yes, you are welcomed to use some of our pantry items if needed such as spices, cooking oils and flour.
15. If you forget personal items at our place and want them returned please contact me as soon as possible. I have a general philosophy for things I don’t recognize of “when in doubt, throw it out”.
16. When you are checking out please strip the beds you occupied and leave sheets, pillowcases and towels in our laundry room.
Sorry for so many ‘rules’ but I’m learning I can’t make assumptions. Also drowning is strictly prohibited. Always swim with a partner and follow boater safety regulations.
I spent over 20 years in advertising as a commercial film producer before transitioning into retail where I owned a game store and an art gallery. I am currently enjoying a hiatus where I get to be a house-husband and explore my artistic side.
AIRBNB suggests I answer the following questions:
1. Five things I can't live without: Air; Water; Food; My Wife & Children; My sense of humor.
2. Travel Style: Having travelled as part of my job (100,000 air miles a year) I prefer to stay close to home with occasional car trips to my hometown, Sweet Home Chicago.
3. Life Motto: "Always take care of those who take care of you."