Running Horse Chalet is a lovely and private 2 bedroom cabin on 6 acres of land with a private pond. In warmer months the swimming is wonderful! We are close to Belleayre and Plattekill ski areas, Pepacton Reservoir, public fishing and hiking areas, large grocery store, Margaretville town center, Catskill State Park, Fleischmanns, Roxbury, and more.
The serenity, privacy, and spectacular pond make this property truly one of a kind. Feel far away from it all while 10 minutes from all amenities. Off a private road with next-to-no traffic. Inside wood burning stove and pondside firepit for those beautiful mountain nights. Leaf-peep without leaving the property!
Guests have access to the entire home and 6 acre property: 2 bedrooms and a twin air mattress if needed; TV (Roku); WiFi, local phone; kitchen fully stocked with cookware, spices, oils, etc.; full bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, and soap; towels and bedding (please bring swimming towels if you plan on swimming in the pond); boogie boards and noodles for the pond; hammock; fireplace and firepit; mint tea cut and dried on the property just for you. Please note cell service is spotty at best unless you are in town.
We are not on site but can be contacted via phone or email anytime. We are happy to answer any questions or give any advice/guidance on the area.
Pets are allowed upon approval and for a base additional fee of $60. Let us know in your request if you want to bring a pet or pets.
- We ask that you take your garbage with you at the end of your stay. Because of the many amazing animals in our region, there is no trash service available.
- Recycling may be left in the can outside at the end of your stay and bungeed shut. Please leave only clean recycling to avoid animal attention.
- Please clean all dishes and/or run the dishwasher before leaving.
- When leaving, be sure electric heaters in the bedrooms and bathroom are completely off and set the propane heater in the living room to 54. Allow your fire to burn all the way to at most a smolder before leaving.
- We appreciate you stripping the used linens from the beds and placing used towels as the floor or the bathroom, although it isn't required.
- We are happy to provide kitchen necessities (oils, condiments, spices, vinegars, coffee, tea, a full assortment of cooking equipment). If you use an unusual amount of something we appreciate you replacing it, or at minimum alerting us so we can restock for future guests.
- Please help us keep the kitchen useful but not putting cookware or non-butter knives in the dishwasher.
- While smoking is not allowed in the house, we do provide an ashtray for use on the deck. Please put all butts in the trash and take them with you upon leaving.
- We have some beautiful, if shy, ancient koi and other fish living in the pond, so no fishing! Feel free to swim and enjoy.