All are welcome at Fog Haven, a cozy studio apt. in the scenic Outer Richmond area of SF.
Fog Haven guests enjoy:
• close proximity to Golden Gate Park, Ocean Beach, the Legion of Honor, Land's End, Sutro Heights Park, & local businesses
• easy public transit access to the rest of SF
• ample street parking
• high-speed Wi-Fi
• TV with Roku
• a California King bed
• a complete kitchen
• complimentary tea & coffee
Book to experience SF like a born-and-bred resident!
Fog Haven is a classic San Francisco apartment. In the 1920s, San Francisco real estate developers set their sights on the largely undeveloped wilderness on the western half of the peninsula, called Outside Lands. In order to lure home-buyers to these outposts among the sand dunes, these early pioneering houses were built grandly, but the ground floor was left unfinished to reduce costs. It proved to be ingenious as the 20th century evolved, as most of these unfinished ground floors could subsequently be converted into garage space, and "in-law" apartments like Fog Haven.
As guests of Fog Haven, you'll get to enjoy the painstakingly-restored architectural details of the Marina Style residence (built in 1925), *and* all the comforts and convenience of modern construction.
Guests stay in a private studio apartment, which we've named Fog Haven. The unit is accessed via the home's shared foyer, and it includes: a bedroom with a California King size bed, a Roku-enabled flat-screen television, a laptop workstation, and a dining table; a private bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower-over-tub; and a complete kitchen with a stove, microwave oven, toaster, and full-size refrigerator.
When hosts' schedules allow, they may invite guests upstairs to relax in the home's living room, or play a friendly board game at the dining room table.
Your primary host works from home most days, and will therefore be available when you check in to greet you, give you a tour of Fog Haven, and answer any questions you might have. But if for any reason your host is unavailable, a lockbox system is in place to ensure all guests may access Fog Haven, no matter what.
- Guests are asked to observe Quiet Hours from 9PM to 9AM.
- We personalize Fog Haven for each guest; please let us know the first names of everyone in your group.
- Potential guests are asked to include the code phrase "I Left My Heart" in their initial message, to demonstrate that they've read the entirety of this listing. This helps ensure that both parties begin on the same page, and is greatly appreciated. For those who "instant book" Fog Haven, we reluctantly reserve the right to cancel such bookings if the potential guests cannot demonstrate that they have read and understood these House Rules.
Guests of Fog Haven have total privacy... unless they'd rather socialize! Your primary host works from home most of the time, directly upstairs from the unit, and is frequently available in person to provide recommendations, a walking tour of the neighborhood, or an opponent for a friendly video game on rainy days. Should you need help, your host may be reached via cell phone at any time.
I'm an actor, director, and writer who's proud to be a born-and-raised San Franciscan! I adore traveling to faraway places, but my true love is showing off my hometown to visitors.
No matter what you're looking for, this place has it, and it's my pleasure to guide you to it. From fine dining to dive bars, I have endless recommendations. Just ask!