Only 800m from "La Ronda" our Loft "Chuquiragua" is perfect for travelers looking for something unique, cozy and with a modern yet authentic feeling of Old Quito. It has a loft bedroom studio, a dinning/living room, fully equipped kitchen and shower/bathroom. You will feel comfortable and at home.
It is located within Casa LunaLoma, a beautifully restored colonial house. It has an intimate courtyard with a water fountain and a terrace with a magnificent view of El Panecillo and Virgin of Quito.
• For general safety of all guests: Always keep the Main front door and interior iron gate of Casa Lunaloma closed.
• For your own general safety and integrity of your belongings, please always lock the door of your apartment. We recommend to lock it even while you are staying inside.
• Regardless of the measures you take, we cannot be responsible for any belongings that eventually might get lost.
• Please be careful not to lose your keys! If lost, there will be a penalty of US$50.00 (Fifty US Dollars).
• Always close all windows if you leave the apartment.
• Each apartment has unique decorations such as paintings, sculptures and ceramic artifacts. You will be requested to sing the inventory of these pieces. You will be responsible for the cost of any damage in replacing them. You may request to have these decorations removed during your stay. Please inform your host at the time of check in.
• To respect other guest, please be considerate that resting hours are between 10 pm and 8 am.
• Any social gathering/party should be pre-arranged with the host for rules to follow.
• Casa Lunaloma is completely smoke-free. Please do not smoke anywhere inside the Apartment or the Patios.
• Please take off your shoes inside the apartment, especially high heels.
• Garbage is not sorted. You can leave the plastic bags in front of the apartment door from Monday to Friday. We will pick it up the next day in the morning.
• Please treat the house as if it was your own. Handle appliances, furniture, windows, smartv, etc. carefully.
• The floor is wooden and gets scratched easily. Please be careful while moving luggage, furniture and so on.
• Most of our furniture is custom made. Please treat it with care. Always use coasters and table mats when placing cups/dishes on to the surface
• The kitchen table is very sensitive. Please do not put hot pots on it! And use the cutting board for cutting any food.
• Please be careful as well with the walls, while carrying your luggage.
• We kindly request that the used toiled paper should be throw in the trash container. The sewers of Casa LunaLoma, a hundred year old house, are narrow and we want to avoid blockages and hard plumbing work.
• Please unplug the heather before you leave the apartment.
Check-in / Check-out
• Check in is at 3pm and check out at 11am, please contact us in advance if you need an early check-in or a late check-out.
• Don´t forget to return the keys, arrange this with the person who checked you in.
Hi, I’m Tatiana.
I was born and raised in Quito, Ecuador. I’m a creative director and lead a brand design agency in Los Angeles, California. My family owns Casa LunaLoma, a very special 100 year old colonial house in the heart of Old Town Quito.
My grandfather, a Colonel of the Ecuadorean Army, bought this home in 1933 for his growing family. For over 50 years this beautiful home saw my mother and her 8 siblings grow up with love and happiness.
Casa LunaLoma has been beautifully restored into 7 unique apartments, each with its own style that preserves the old colonial qualities while integrating modern touches and conveniences.
Casa Luna Loma is located in La Loma Grande, a central neighborhood of Old Colonial Quito. We are only 3 blocks (5 minutes) away from Santo Domingo’s plaza, church, arch and museum as well as well as the enchanting "Calle La Ronda" and a short walk away from other magnificent colonial churches, art museums, main plazas, etc.
But what is most amazing about our home is the magnificent and unobstructed view it has of "La Virgen del Panecillo" a rounded hill crowned with a statue of renowned Legardo’s Winged Virgen of Quito.
We are happy to open up our doors and host you during your stay in Quito. Please feel free to reach out, we can share our favorite restaurants and things to do, so that you have an unforgettable experience in Ecuador.
Welcome to Casa LunaLoma!