My place is close to Exmore, Eastville, Nature Conservancy in Nassawadox, Williams Dressage, Chincoteague, Chatham Vineyards in Bridgetown, Cape Charles beach, restaurants and shops, Bay Creek 36 hole golf course, Blue Crow and Watchina Antiques, Southeast Expedition Kayak tours, birdwatching, Virginia hangliding in Painter Va. Ideal for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and furry friends (pets). Now we have a brand new SERTA pillow-top mattress and box spring for your comfort !
Cozy retreat in pastoral horse farm setting furnished with eclectic furniture and local art. Bring your basketball-we have a new half court in the backyard. (keep the gate closed at all times). If you like to grill, bring it on, we provide coals but please clean the grill after each use with Scotch-brite pads, water and simple soap provided. We also can arrange a campfire fire pit if you let us know in advance. Please note that the Eastern Shore is full of nature, including, dear, wild turkey, birds and the food source for birds-bugs. There are bugs on the eastern shore, We try our best to keep the bugs out of the cottage, keep the windows and doors closed to prevent unwanted friends from entering-we are trying to be chemical free.
Walking tails, perfect for a Williams Dressage retreat.
The Brownsville preserve is about 2 miles east. Savage Neck Dunes Natural Area Preserve in Eastville - vast beach on the bay.
Kiptopeake state beach park is about 20 miles south. Choncoteague park is about 40 minutes north. Chatham Vineyards is about 5 miles south. Savage Neck Dune natural area preserve is about 10 miles south. Northampton county parks and recreation site. Town of Cape Charles is 18 miles south. Barrier Islands Center is 6 miles south.
Dining / Restaurants
Little Italy 2 miles in Nassawadox
Mexican food El Maguey, in Belle Haven
Local food: Exmore Diner, Exmore
Machipongo Clam Shack, Nassawadox (seafood)
The Island House, Wachapreague)
Town of Onancock is 20 miles north
Bizotto's Bistro, Malard's on the dock, Garden Cafe, Blarney Stone Pub
Town of Cape Charles 18 miles south
Oyster Farm, The Shanty (seasonal-not in winter), Kelly's Gingernut pub
- The cottage is located on a working horse farm. All gates must be kept closed at all times.
- No firearms allowed on the property.
- Please do not feed or visit the horses unless you have our permission and are accompanied by one of the hosts. We will be happy to take you back to see the horses but one of us must be present. This is a safety issue-no exceptions.
- The horses are not available for general riding. If you wish to book dressage lessons you can do so in advance through Williams Dressage com
- The entrance to the cottage apartment is the BACK door, further from the street-not the front door.
- Please park perpendicular to the cottage on the gravel pad opposite the entrance door.
- Washer, dryer and laundry soap are provided for your convenience.
- Towels, bathmat and sheets and pillowcases provided.
- Coffee maker along with microwave, full stove and oven, refrigerator and freezer for your use in the kitchen.
Bring your own coffee and filters or tea.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tie up your trash in trash bags provided.
- If you bring a pet, make sure he/she is house trained and that no messes are left. You can walk your pets on a leash in the woods directly next door for bathroom breaks.
- We respect your privacy so will likely not interact with you unless you initiate contact.
- Wifi is provided.