We're an hour from the coast and an hour from the White Mountains. Our place, Stonecraft House, is close to seven lakes in Wakefield, Moose Mountain (a tubing mountain), and Heritage Park down the street in Union!. You’ll love our place because of our creaky Eighteenth Century house , the tree-house and zip-line, our pets, and our people. We welcome couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids). Rooms are on the 3rd floor - up 2 steep flights of stairs.
- We are not handicapped accessible
- Rooms are on the 3rd floor - up two steep flights of stairs
- Soloflex gym and tredmill available before 8 PM and after 10 AM
- No cooking on the 3rd floor - but dorm size frig and Kerig coffee maker available
- Desk area and Wi-Fi available
- Library of more than 3000 sci-fi, fantasy, and mystery books on 3rd floor
- Travel size crib available - use with caution and supervision
- Video surveillance system of exterior of house and land.
- Check-out at 11 AM
- Continental breakfast 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM, can be earlier if arranged in advance.
- 18th century home with hand dug well - water can be an issue. Please take short showers and space them out so the well can recover.
- Some toys, books, and games available for children.
I'm a small town lawyer and hubby Russ is retired. We enjoy getting to know people but respect your privacy; you can interact with us as little or as much as you're comfortable with. We have tropical birds, including the Queen of the House, our Cockatoo, Susie. Plus there's two old dogs - Cindy (17) and Reese (12); no cats allowed ! Warning: birds can be very noisy! My motto is to deal lovingly and competently with whatever the universe puts in my path.