*20 minutes from Zion National Park
*Two hot tubs
*Sleeps 10 with 1 King, two Queens, one Full (extra long), and three Twins (extra long)
*Smart 60 inch tv with Netflix, HULU, and Amazon Prime--login to personal accounts
*Fully equipped kitchen
*Gas BBQ Grill
*20 minutes from St. George, Utah
*Minutes away are: Sand Hollow reservoir and sand dunes, Quail Creek reservoir, Gooseberry Mesa biking trails, Snow Canyon State Park, and Red Cliffs National Recreation Area
This house is the ideal launch point for your southern Utah adventures, and a great retreat to relax and rest up before you take on your next challenge. It is centrally located just 20 minutes from Zion National Park and 20 minutes from St. George, Utah. Sand Hollow reservoir and sand dunes and Quail Creek reservoir are both about 18 minutes away, and other close attractions include Gooseberry Mesa and GEM mountain biking trails (15 minutes), Tuacahn Theater (40 minutes), Snow Canyon State Park (43 minutes), Red Cliffs National Recreation Area (26 minutes), Brian Head Ski Resort (1 hour), Coral Pink Sand Dunes (1.2 hours), Bryce Canyon National Park (2.1 hours), North Rim of Grand Canyon (2.5 hours, closed during winter months), Lake Powell (2.1 hours), Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (2 hours), and Arches National Park (4.5 hours).
You rent this entire property! This is a 5 bedroom, 3 full bathroom, split level house in a quiet residential neighborhood. The property includes two hot tubs and a private pool with a slide! The main floor has a nice, fully stocked kitchen that is ready for you to prepare your feast! It also has a nice dining area with a table that seats 8, 3 bar stools at the counter, and a highchair. There is also a large living area with comfortable couches to relax on after a long day recreating. The upper level has 3 bedrooms and two full bathrooms (the master bedroom has a private bathroom, smart TV, and Blue-Ray DVD player). The lower level has a large TV room with a comfortable sectional to relax on and a 60 inch inch flat screen smart TV with a blue-ray DVD player. You can log into all of your accounts (HULU, Netflix, Amazon, etc), watch one of the several local channels that can be accessed with our HD antenna, or choose from our collection of DVDs. The lower level also has 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, and a large laundry room.
The yard has two completely separate fenced-in areas. The dining room opens up into a fenced section that has a covered patio with a BBQ grill, patio table with 6 chairs, and a lawn for kids to play on. The sliding glass door between the dining room and yard has a child safety lock. From the grassy yard, you access the pool, hot tubs, and large patio, which is completely enclosed with a brick wall and a 5 foot wrought iron fence that requires a key for entry.
The hot tubs are available year-round. The pool is not heated, and will be CLOSED after Thanksgiving through Mid March.
This house has five bedrooms, all with comfortable mattresses! When we say “sleeps 10” we mean “sleeps 10 in beds!”
Master Bedroom: King bed and pack-and-play in closet;
Bedroom 2 Upstairs: Queen bed with pack-and-play in closet;
Bedroom 3 Upstairs: XL Twin / XL Full bunk bed;
Bedroom 4 Downstairs: Queen bed;
Bedroom 5 Downstairs: XL Twin / XL Twin bunk bed.
These bedrooms are small, and you might feel like you are in a slot canyon, but just think of it as our way of bringing the Zion experience to you! Remember that these beds are designed for comfort. Every one of the beds has a fantastic mattress, and we had our bunk beds custom built by a local carpenter to accommodate EXTRA LONG Pillow-Top Mattresses (they are the same length as Queen mattresses)! These bunk beds are STURDY and specifically built to accommodate (and be comfortable for) an adult.
The kitchen comes fully stocked with a convection oven, microwave, utensils, plates, cups, bowls, pots and pans, blender, crock pot, double toaster, coffee maker and coffee, knives, cookie sheet, casserole dishes, basic spices and olive oil.
In the garage there is also an Igloo ice cooler, a KELTY Pathfinder child carrier backpack, and a baby stroller, that you are welcome to take with you and use on your adventures!
Guests will have access to this entire property. The owners do not live on site. Street parking is prohibited by the city for vacation rentals but the home has a 2 car garage and three parking spaces in the driveway that you are welcome to use.
The owners of this home live 5 minutes from the property. We will be available by phone 24/7 if you need assistance. We will provide you with instructions to access the property prior to your arrival.
1. Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the Property.
2. Pool and Hot Tub Curfew: Pool and hot tub use is prohibited from 11 PM through 6 AM, as required by City Ordinances. The curfew is strictly enforced. Homeowner could be cited and fined if this curfew is not observed. Therefore, Guests will forfeit their damage deposit if Homeowner receives complaints or reports from neighbors or City Code Enforcement that the curfew was not observed by Guests.
3. Noise Restrictions: Guests shall comply with the City’s Noise Ordinance as follows:
- Guests shall not make or cause to be made any excess noise that annoys or disturbs the comfort, repose, or health of others;
- Between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM, Guests shall not use or operate any television, radio, musical instrument, or other machine or device in such a manner as to disturb the peace, quiet, and comfort of neighboring inhabitants. At any other time, such devices shall not be operated at a volume that can be heard at a distance of 100 feet.
4. Pets: Pets are NOT allowed anywhere on the Property. The various house cats that frequent the Property do not belong to Homeowner. Please do not feed the wildlife.
5. Parking: Parking on the street is prohibited. A City Ordinance prohibits parking on the street at vacation rentals. Parking is only allowed in the two-car garage and in the driveway in front of the garage. Homeowner could be cited and fined if this parking restriction is not observed. Therefore, Guests will forfeit their damage deposit if Homeowner receives complaints or reports from neighbors or City Code Enforcement that Guests or their visitors were parking on the street in violation of the ordinance.
6. Hot Tub: Limit of 4 people in the smaller hot tub and 7 people in the larger hot tub to avoid overflow and damage to controls. Persons under the age of 16 must be supervised in the hot tub by an adult at all times. DO NOT STAND OR CLIMB ON THE HOT TUB COVER. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
7. Pool: No glass in the pool area. Persons under the age of 16 must be supervised in the pool area by an adult at all times. No diving. No pool toys smaller than a golf ball in the pool area. They will be sucked into the filtration system.
8. Residential Area: Guests shall not create noises that by reason of time, nature, intensity or duration are out of character with noises customarily heard in the surrounding residential neighborhood.
9. Peace: Guests shall not disturb the peace of surrounding residential property residents.
10. Privacy and Trespass: Guests shall not interfere with the privacy of or trespass onto surrounding residential properties.
11. Illegal Conduct: Guests shall not engage in any disorderly or illegal conduct, including illegal consumption of drugs and alcohol.
12. Visitors: Any person staying at the Property during the rental period is the sole responsibility of Guest.
13. Maintaining Furniture and Property: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
14. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. You are welcome to use the washer, dryer, and dishwasher and the provided detergents. Beach towels are provided by Homeowner for use in the pool area. Please do not leave wet towels on the furniture or on the carpet. Please leave the bathroom towels in the house.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is for the leasing of the property identified on airbnb.com as the Zion Adventure House, located in La Verkin, Utah 84745 (the “Property”). The Property is being rented through airbnb.com. This Agreement is made by and between The Home Ranch, LLC (“Homeowner”) and the guest booking the Property (“Guest”) as of the date the Property is booked via airbnb.com. For convenience, the parties agree that the terms and conditions set out on airbnb.com and agreed to by Guest in the Property booking process are incorporated herein by reference and are a part of this Agreement. If information found on airbnb.com conflicts with the terms of this Agreement, this Agreement controls. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the number of people indicated by Guest on the Guest’s booking request or permitted on the Property by Guest during the Lease Term.
2. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 10 people.
3. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the check-in date requested by Guest and accepted by Homeowner (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 11 a.m. on the check-out date requested by Guest and accepted by Homeowner (the “Checkout Date”). The period from the Check-in Date to the Checkout Date is referred to herein as the “Lease Term.”
4. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules posted on airbnb.com at all times during the Lease Term and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the Property to abide by the Rental Rules at all times while at the Property, which Rental Rules may be reasonably updated from time to time. Guest agrees to be responsible for and pay to Homeowner any costs or damages sustained by Homeowner as a result of Guest’s, rental party, and any other person permitted on the Property’s failure to abide by the Rental Rules, including fines assessed to Homeowner, and incidental and consequential damages. If Guest, the rental party, or anyone else Guest permits on the property willfully disregards the Rental Rules, Homeowner may, at Homeowner’s election, require Guest, the rental party, and anyone else Guest has permitted on the Property to immediately vacate the Property prior to the Check-out Date, and Guest will forever forfeit any and all monies paid to Homeowner, including the security deposit. The date and time which Homeowner requires Guest, the rental party, and anyone else Guest permits on the Property to immediately vacate the Property under this section shall constitute the Checkout Date and time used to calculate payments assessed to Guest for overstaying the Lease Term, as set out in the section entitled “Overstaying Lease Term.”
5. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Guest understands that the pool maintenance service will be at the Property every Thursday, and other days as needed. The pool maintenance service is provided with a key to the pool area and will enter the pool area without notice. Guest also understands that Homeowner will enter the Property periodically to mow and trim the lawn and generally maintain the landscaping. Homeowner will make reasonable efforts to avoid entering the Property during the Lease Term to maintain the landscaping, but multiple-week bookings or back-to-back bookings may necessitate Homeowner’s maintenance of the landscaping during the Lease Term.
6. Property Damage: Guest is responsible for and shall reimburse Homeowner for any and all damage to the Property, including but not limited to furnishings and personal property, done to the Property during the Lease Term by the Guest or by any member of the rental party or anyone else Guest permits on the property. The amount of the damage deposit may be credited toward, but will not limit, the amount due from Guest for Property damage. The amount charged to Guest shall be the lesser of the cost to repair or replace the Property damage, as determined by the Landowner in the Landowner’s sole discretion.
7. Cancellation Policy: Homeowner may cancel, at Homeowner’s election and pursuant to Homeowner’s sole discretion, Guest’s reservation for any of the following reasons: (1) The Property is damaged to the extent that it is not fit for habitation; (2) Any declaration or order is issued by a court or government body declaring that Guest is not permitted to inhabit or use the Property as contemplated under this Agreement; (3) Homeowner is prohibited by law from allowing Guest to occupy the Property as contemplated under this Agreement; (4) Homeowner loses possession of the Property, which loss could result from, but is not limited to, government declaration, foreclosure, or voluntary sale or conveyance of the Property; (5) Any other reason constituting good cause to cancel Guest’s reservation. If Homeowner cancels Guest’s reservation pursuant to this section, Homeowner shall reimburse all monies paid to Homeowner by Guest.
8. Liability: Homeowner, including Homeowner’s principals, owners, agents, employees, and independent contractors, are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowner, including Homeowner’s principals, owners, agents, employees, and independent contractors, are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Guest understands that a pool and multiple hot tubs are located on the Property. Guest and the rental party assume sole and absolute responsibility for the safety of all members of the rental party or anyone else Guest permits on the property, including minor children. When Guest leaves the Property, either during the Lease Term or at checkout, Guest agrees to close and lock the security gate accessing the pool and hot tub area. Guests agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Homeowner, including Homeowner’s principals, owners, agents, employees, and independent contractors harmless from any claims, demands, lawsuits, or liability resulting from or arising from Guest’s or Guest’s party’s rental or use of the Property.
9. Insurance: Homeowner encourages all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Homeowner has no responsibility to insure against loss or damage to the Guest’s or rental party’s property.
10. Overstaying Lease Term: Guest understands that Homeowner books and rents the Property on a regular basis, and that other individuals book the Property weeks and months in advance. Accordingly, Guest agrees to vacate the Property by 11 a.m. on the Checkout Date. For the first five hours Guest, rental party, or any person permitted on the Property by the Guest overstays the Lease Term, Guest agrees to pay Homeowner $100 per hour for each hour Guest, rental party, or any person permitted on the Property by the Guest overstays the Lease Term. If Guest, rental party, or any person permitted on the Property by Guest overstays the Lease Term by more than five hours, Guest shall pay Homeowner $1,000 and $1,000 every day thereafter that the Lease Term is overstayed. The hourly and daily payments for overstaying the Lease Term are reasonable and in recognition of the nature of the use of the Property and the inconvenience, nuisance, and damages that will be suffered by Homeowner if the Lease Term is overstayed, which inconvenience, nuisance, and damages include rescheduling cleaning services and being unable to honor rental agreements entered into with other guests that have booked the Property after the Checkout Date. At the expiration of the Lease Term, Homeowner may enter and take possession of the Property.
11. Legal Counsel: Homeowner and Guest understand that they may seek legal counsel regarding the terms of this Agreement. Homeowner and Guest agree that this Agreement shall be interpreted as though it were co-drafted by both parties, with no preference in interpretation to either party.
12. Legal Action: Should either party takes legal action to enforce the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to its costs in enforcing the Agreement, including reasonable attorney fees. Homeowner and Guest agree that any legal action resulting from this Agreement shall be filed only in the Fifth District Court in Washington County, Utah, and Homeowner and Guest expressly consent to the jurisdiction of the Fifth District Court in Washington County adjudicate any claims or legal actions arising from this Agreement.
13. Execution: Homeowner, by posting this Agreement on airbnb.com and including it in the terms and conditions of booking through airbnb.com, and Guest, by booking the Property through airbnb.com and consenting to those terms and conditions, including this Agreement, hereby expressly agree to and execute this Agreement.
Dayton and I both grew up in southwestern Utah and have experienced the adventures that it has to offer. Although we have lived in other parts of the country, we always knew we wanted to make it back here to raise our family. We enjoy rappelling, hiking, exploring slot canyons, mountain biking, playing on the lakes, working on the family ranch, horseback riding, and camping. The landscape photos throughout the house are all pictures that we took while hiking, biking, working, and playing in southern Utah. We are excited to continue to introduce our two young children to these adventures. We hope you enjoy this area as much as we do!