The runglee rungliot tea estate is one of the oldest in the country. Come experience a tea explosion while living in this 4 bedroom villa within the tea estate. The villa also has a large dining area, living room, a cards room, an indoor games room, an outdoor gazebo and an inbuilt sauna room ! Each of the rooms have an extended balcony with a view. This is best suited for 8 people who are looking for a local experience.
The Runglee Rungliot Tea Estate is one of the oldest in the country and will definitely provide you with a local tea explosion; an experience you will not forget. The best way to get here is through Siliguri, using the national highway which goes through Gangtok (do not come through Darjeeling) this is a shorter route. It is best advised to drive down during day light.
We offer you our villa which is equipped with 4 high ceiling rooms with attached bathrooms, a large living area and a dining room, a cards room, an indoor games room, an in house sauna room and a kitchen. We also highly recommend that you sit at the extended gazebo outside your villa and get the best of the views possible.
The rooms (1 to 4) each have an attached toilet, a joint balcony (1&2, 3&4) with extended seating, a dresser, closets, work-stations and heaters. You can easily hang out in these calm rooms and be rest assured of a peaceful night's sleep.
The living and dining area has a private bar (bring your own), an indoor games room with table tennis, carrom, a small gym and darts, a cards room where you can hang out for leisure and the in-house sauna room.
We provide breakfast, lunch and dinner at an extra cost of Rs. 1500 per person for 3 meals per day which are places before you during the following times Breakfast - 8 am to 9 am, lunch - 1 pm to 2 pm, dinner - 8 pm to 9pm. Please also let us know your meal preference in advance (veg/non-veg). We advise that you eat your meals here since there are no grocery stores near by.
We provide the following experience free of cost:
* A Factory tour including tea tasting wherein we take your around the entire set up and show you and let you experience how tea is made
* Tea garden tour - we send you for a short tour of the tea garden itself
* Sauna - the inhouse sauna room is free for you to use responsibly
* Bon fire - we can arrange for a bon fire for all of you if you let us know in advance
* We provide delicious tea morning, afternoon and evening - choose from our 4 varieties
We provide the following experiences which are charged for separately
* Airport/Station pick up drop (Payable as per use) - we offer a pick up and drop service to and from the Bagdogra airport and the NJP station on a chargeable basis.
* Local tours - we provide off site tours on a chargeable basis
* Cultural programme – Yes! we can arrange for a local music and dance programme for an hour if you let us know in advance
* Trek within the garden with a guide - we can arrange for a trek within the estate with a local guide
* You can access the villa
* Please do not access the factory, the bungalow or the office without prior permission
* I stay right down the lane in the bungalow and would love to come see you!
* We purposely do not provide internet because we feel that it defeats the purpose of this particular visit
- Please provide copies of your ID on arrival
- Please turn of electronics when not in use
- Please use water sparingly
- Please keep the property clean
- Please adhere to the meal timings mentioned in the listing
- Please give us a 12 hour notice incase of transportation requirements
I am a Tea Planter in a Tea Estate named Runglee Rungliot which has a resort within the Tea Plantation in the hills of Darjeeling. I have been born and brought up in Darjeeling itself and I am well aware of all the local tourist destinations in and around Runglee Rungliot. I enjoy living at the estate and spend most of my time here checking on the operations. I often visit Darjeeling and I am a total foodie! Should you happen to be here, I would love to guide you around and give you a local taste of how tea is planted and manufactured!