Our beach cottage is ocean-side, between Three Tables and Waimea Bay. It's behind the main house, but you'll have full access to the front yard facing the Pacific Ocean, 30 yards away! You’ll love this renovated studio because of how spacious it is; its mountain and ocean views and its convenient location to all things North Shore! This unique 2-level unit is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers, but may not be suitable for toddlers.
There are beach/ocean/mountain views from every window, and the vaulted ceiling compliments the open floor-plan. Ceiling fans keep it cool during the winter season and an a/c keeps it cool during the hotter summer months.
The Kitchenette: full-size refrigerator/freezer, micro-wave, blender, coffee maker, toaster, and double burner. (No oven) Assortment of pots and pans, dishes, glasses, coffee cups and utensils. Paper towels, dish soap, sponge and dishtowels.
Sleeping arrangements: One Queen and one Full-size Pune'e (day bed) with bedding for both. We will make up the Pune'e upon request.
Bathroom: One bathroom with shower and four sets of towels. Starter toilet paper, soap and shampoo.
Washer/Dryer & Clothesline is downstairs. Laundry basket, clothespins, laundry soap pods & dryer sheets in the drawer.
Beach: 3 minute walk - Three Tables to the North, Waimea Bay to the South.
Front yard: Grassy yard and covered patio area with tables and chairs.
Rocky shoreline: If you have good balance, you may use the wooden stairs along the wall to the rocks. Proceed at own risk! Do NOT access if the waves are big. This shoreline is protected by the Hawaii Marine Life Conservation District, so nothing may be taken... no fish, shells, rocks, seaweed...nothing! Pole fishing is allowed as long as you are casting your line INTO Waimea Bay.
We love to talk about our favorite places, activities and foods to eat here on the North Shore, but if you prefer to adventure on your own, you'll find lots of information in the Guest Book.
Some activities/places to see within a mile radius is Sharks Cove for summer time tide pool exploration and winter time surf watching; the Heiau in Pupukea which looks over Waimea Bay and the North Shore coastline; and Waimea Valley for nature lovers.
Foodland supermarket is 1/4 mile down the road and has all your grocery and sundry needs, and features a deli and coffee shop. Just around the corner and directly across Sharks Cove is a "food court" with food trucks offering everything from shave ice & fish tacos to burgers & Thai food. The Sea Maids boutiques sell pareos, bikinis, surf trunks, slippers & hats. There are snorkel, surfboard and bike rentals there too!
1) ALL FOOTWEAR STAYS DOWNSTAIRS, on the tiled area. That means shoes, slippers, sandals, flip-flops/thongs (but don't say that in Hawaii, we call 'em SLIPPAHS!), reef-walkers, slip-ons, Crocs, etc.
2) RINSE OFF ALL SAND BEFORE ENTERING THE HOUSE. Chances are, if you survived the pounding shore break at Waimea, you got a load of sand in your bathing suit. This will clog up the plumbing in the shower, so PLEASE leave the sand at the beach or rinse out your suits with the hose before entering the studio.
3) Do not hang beach towels on balcony. DO hang them on the clothesline downstairs.
4) Do not use the white bath towels for food spills, muddy feet or makeup removal, etc. That's what the rags (under the kitchen and bathroom sinks) and black wash towels are for!
5) No extra guests.
6) RESPECT the ocean. NEVER turn your back on her. If in doubt, don't go out. Swim at beaches that have a lifeguard nearby.