I fell in love with my place at first sight—and you will too!
• Quiet block but unbeatable location
• 1 block from the Shaw Metro
• 12 restaurants/bars within 3 blocks
• Modern, minimalist, uncluttered
• 3BR, 2BA
• Gorgeous roof deck
• 13 huge windows
• 6 skylights
• 1276 sqft
• 11-13.5’ ceilings
• Brazilian rosewood floors
• Designer sofa, dining set
• I treat guests as I would expect when traveling
• I keep my calendar current
• I reply quickly
• I never cancel
Nicest AirBnB I've ever stayed in—and I stay in them all the time. This one just happens to be the one I own!
• Two-story row house, 2nd floor
• Built in 2005
• Recently renovated. So everyone assumes it's brand new
• Completely new roof deck: 25' x 12' with large, shaded pergola covered in flowering vines, with two Room and Board sofas plus a chaise. Seats 8-12.
• 1 block from the Shaw Metro (Green/Yellow)
• Shaw's Tavern and Bistro Bohem (and coffee shop) right on the block plus Thai X-ing (DC's best rated place) around the corner
• A quiet block yet at one end of the U Street / Florida ave corridor with night life and restaurants
• 1-2 blocks from the legendary Howard Theatre & 9:30 Club
• 6 skylights: each bathrooms, kitchen, living room (2), central hallway
• Roof deck with a great view of the DC skyline
• Newly renovated showers: both have skylights and the master has a rain shower head, a regular shower head, and a hand wand
• Professional cleanings between each guest: fresh linens and towels
• Verizon FiOS fiber-to-the-home Internet: 150 mbps service & 70 channels of cable TV
• Unlimited espresso — and all the Nespresso flavors to choose from
• Great mattresses: memory foam in both bedrooms, one soft and one firm
• The two bedrooms are quite dark with the blinds drawn, or full of sunlight in the morning (they face east) if you open the blinds
• The den small but, like everything else, really beautiful, with two large windows facing the street (west), so it feels quite open
• Dimmers on every light switch
• Balcony off the first bedroom
• I'm a serious cook, so if you enjoy cooking, you'll find a fully stocked kitchen, including an Anova sous vide, good pans, and a full spice rack.
• A scent-free environment: I hate chemical additive smells, so if you're sensitive like me, you'll appreciate an irritant-free environment
Everything but my master bedroom closet and the pantry. All basic kitchen essentials are available, though.
If I'm renting the place out, I'm not in town, so I won't get to meet you unless you happen to arrive before I leave. But I'm happy to help get you situated in advance! I'm usually online and respond quickly to questions. If you should need help with something in person that can't be resolved remotely, I can have a friend stop by.
Our building is not well sound-proofed. For the sake of my neighbors, please be sure to take off your shoes. And really, truly: no parties or additional guests.
The roof deck is my sole property, so it is not available to my downstairs neighbor.
My place is appropriate for families, business travelers, and extremely conscientious people who understand what it means to be respectful of neighbors in modern condo buildings that are beautiful but not well-soundproofed. That means:
• NO PARTIES AT ALL, EVER. That means, if you're planning to have ANY additional guests over, please let me know. I would ask that you have over no more than additional 2 guests over.
• Keep the Sonos sound system to 30% of maximum volume
• Please take your shoes off and be mindful about dragging bags or chairs across the bare floor -- it will sound VERY loud downstairs.
• Babies are fine, but the sound of children running will also be VERY loud downstairs
• Don't run the washing machine after 10pm.
• If you live within 100 miles of DC, let's talk before you book. The only problems I've ever had with guests have been with local people who threw parties for their friends in the area.
For the roof deck, it's particularly important to respect all my neighbors. That means:
• No amplified music: play your phone if you like, but no speakers.
• Foot traffic going up and down the spiral staircase can be heard very loudly inside. Lest you keep my downstairs neighbors up late with noise, please do not use the deck after 10:30 on weeknights and 11:30 on weekends. And just be mindful about foot traffic in general.
• Do not, under any circumstances, go onto the roof itself.
• For your own safety, please drink in moderation. The spiral stairs are dizzying to those not used to them.
• Keep one hand on the staircase railing at all times!
• And if you must smoke, use the ashtrays.