Suits single person, couple, two friends or single/couple with child. Comfortable queen bed. Our family home of 3 adults (+ dog, cat & hens) is near the Belmont Regional Park. 40 minutes to airport, 20 minutes by car to Wellington and ferry, 6 minutes to Lower Hutt. Easy access by car from SH2. Bus service from/to Lower Hutt runs weekday peak hours only. Sunny room with French doors to verandah. Share our 2 bathrooms. Hot drinks and breakfast provided.
Our much loved house is homely, comfortable and relaxed. Your room is sunny, has French doors to verandah and is next to the bathroom and toilet. There is also a second toilet and shower room. We have a lovely garden with hammock in summer. We have fold-up beds available for children - please enquire if bringing children.
You are welcome to make hot drinks in the kitchen (we supply tea, coffee, milk, sugar and herb teas) and use the kitchen to prepare your own breakfast.
Use of kitchen at other times by negotiation only; and only for preparation of vegetarian food.
You can wash clothes in our washing machine and use our washing line to dry them.
You are welcome to spend time in our garden.
Hot water bottles available for cold nights.
Someone will be around most of the time to offer you any assistance you need around the house, give advice on local outings etc.
- Check in generally between 4 and 9 p.m. but possibly negotiable depending on date/day of week. Please enquire.
- Check out by 9 a.m. please but negotiable depending on date/day of week. Please enquire.
- Between 10.30 p.m. and 6.30 a.m. please use quiet voices and close doors gently - i.e. common sense consideration for people sleeping.
- Kitchen available for making hot drinks and preparing your breakfast. Vegetarian food only please.
- Turn off heater when out and overnight
- Please do not hang wet towels or wet washing in your room
I am a music teacher and librarian, big reader, love the theatre, orchestral concerts, contemporary dance, swimming in the sea, gardening, walking. Vegetarian, yoga enthusiast, meditator, mother and grandmother. Enjoy slow holidays, seeing places on foot or bicycle. Lifelong animal rights campaigner. Enjoy the company of children.